Pages:
Author

Topic: My loaded 100 BTC Casascius Bearer Bar - page 3. (Read 14269 times)

legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
September 09, 2018, 06:40:24 PM
@Fattcatt it is in Ahonen's Encyclopedia if you don't have here are some photos.

Just an FYI... the linked page is 70% word-for word plagiarism from my book. It is unauthorized, and was created by bitcointalk user nathansenn to whom I provided a PDF preview copy of my book. It is one of 4 plagiarized posts he made for his own personal gain, and he does not attribute me or my book in even one of them in any way. i have been in contact with nathansenn regarding the matter and he has failed to take any corrective action.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
Just stumbled upon this thread, I assume that you're based in the States and would want to transact in person there, are you in any particular rush or having held this for so long are you happy to wait a few months for an offer higher than 115BTC?

I'm presently traveling for a few months and leave my BTC on Ledger Blue wallets in bank's safety deposit boxes, ideally my next visit to the States wouldn't be until January 2019.

I am in no particular hurry, except that the high BTC goes, the harder it will be to sell it.

Likely any buyer would already have the bitcoins, as in my case, so the USD rate doesn't really matter that much (so long as one doesn't mind making large amounts of value much less liquid in return for this cool collectable cold storage), I'm happy to offer you 120 BTC (regardless of what the USD/BTC value is when we complete) and exchange face to face at a mutually agreed lawyer's offices* in the States in January 2019 (I'm based in LA, but could fly in to NY np) or if you fancy a trip to Europe before then and don't mind bringing it over with you then I could do it in July - Aug - part Sept - Channel Islands (UK), part Sept - Greece, Oct - Madrid, Nov - Barcelona.

*A simple sales contract having being drawn up to show our details, the transfer of ownership and the relevant BTC addies, the lawyer effectively escrowing by holding the bar until the payment coins confirm at your given receiving addie, a couple of hours max or so depending on how many confirmations you'd like.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1752
Just stumbled upon this thread, I assume that you're based in the States and would want to transact in person there, are you in any particular rush or having held this for so long are you happy to wait a few months for an offer higher than 115BTC?

I'm presently traveling for a few months and leave my BTC on Ledger Blue wallets in bank's safety deposit boxes, ideally my next visit to the States wouldn't be until January 2019.

I am in no particular hurry, except that the high BTC goes, the harder it will be to sell it.

I am confident Otoh can swing the purchase regardless of btc/USD rate if you can work out a btc price now with deal finalization whenever you two can meet.
Activity: 249
Merit: 114
Who is John Galt?

donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
Your best bet is to reach out to Greenplastic or otoh. They are the only people I believe that can make a deal with you.

or I could do a payment plan over 100 years Tongue

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=4578705

https://johngaltwealthsolutions.com/

Activity: 1078
Merit: 309
I love technology.
Speaking of raffles... I would not mind hosting it with minerjones escrowing the funds. I could probably make it work, get some news station in on it and people will come.. Raffleceptions have proven to work.

Raffles aside, great bar OP, I'm surprised you had the stomach to hold on to this for so long! Kudos to you.

The sad thing is I could not even afford the Raffle Tongue

Excited to hear what happens with it!
Activity: 1750
Merit: 440
Beautiful, I have only seen one in pictures
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
As others have pointed out already, kudos to you for holding onto this for so long. As a few others have worked out, and as you have yourself stated, I wouldn't sell this for anything less than 125 BTC. At the level of money we are talking about, its safer just to peel it when bartering over 1 BTC.

Good luck in your sale bud.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
I think a raffle would work for the price you are looking for

Although i would love to see the piece raffled i dont there there is anyway we can pull off a $1M raffle and raise the requisite funds to pull it off.  The logistics might not be worth it either.  John for the amount of trouble i would just peel it.  Safest way for you with little amount of trouble.  At your asking price you sacrifice 6btc but eliminate all the stress, well worth it
Could probably lease it out to the British museum or something and be like here's 100BTC loaded on a small sticker on this bar.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406

Although i would love to see the piece raffled i dont there there is anyway we can pull off a $1M raffle and raise the requisite funds to pull it off.  The logistics might not be worth it either.  John for the amount of trouble i would just peel it.  Safest way for you with little amount of trouble.  At your asking price you sacrifice 6btc but eliminate all the stress, well worth it
Activity: 1750
Merit: 440
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
lease it to a museum, You can make monthly checks, it will be insured, everyone gets to see it and you still own it
Activity: 249
Merit: 114
Who is John Galt?

Still for sale John? I can get you 115BTC

Yes, it is still available but I am asking 125 BTC. I have no reason to sell it for less than I can get by peeling it. I'll send you a PM.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
If i had to assign a value, it would be 100BTC+100BCH+100BTG+100BTP+... = ~118 BTC

unpeeled 'storage' bars commonly go for about 1BTC, and i think peeled 100BTC bar would fetch a similar price.

so anything <119BTC is a pointless offer, and 125BTC seems like a fair asking price

Fork coins as of right now are worth ~22.41 BTC, if we ignore market depth. A bit higher than what you stated.

are they? I saw BCH as ~0.17/BTC (which is fairly high compared to a 30day average), and BTCP+BTG totalled about 0.01/BTC.  If im missing out on another 5% gains let me in on the secret

in fact, https://btcdiv.com/ seems to back this up - if you search a casascius coin (any year is pre-forks), the total is ~1.1766

My bad, 22.41BTC was a bit high. You're missing BCX though, which forked 1000:1.

16.235BTC from BCH
2.26BTC from BCX
0.68BTC from BTG
0.288BTC from BTCP

~19BTC plus some misc fork coins that are worth a bit less.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
If i had to assign a value, it would be 100BTC+100BCH+100BTG+100BTP+... = ~118 BTC

unpeeled 'storage' bars commonly go for about 1BTC, and i think peeled 100BTC bar would fetch a similar price.

so anything <119BTC is a pointless offer, and 125BTC seems like a fair asking price

Fork coins as of right now are worth ~22.41 BTC, if we ignore market depth. A bit higher than what you stated.

are they? I saw BCH as ~0.17/BTC (which is fairly high compared to a 30day average), and BTCP+BTG totalled about 0.01/BTC.  If im missing out on another 5% gains let me in on the secret

in fact, https://btcdiv.com/ seems to back this up - if you search a casascius coin (any year is pre-forks), the total is ~1.1766
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Crypto is Life!
I unload your stress of holding it for 0.5 BTC

Pls inform me back. Thx
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
@Fattcatt it is in Ahonen's Encyclopedia if you don't have here are some photos.

Thanks for the link to the photos.  I had never seen these before and pardon my french but they are fucking gorgeous!!

Smart investment at the time OP and like so many others have said props for trying to preserve it intact!!
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

Pages:
Jump to: