Pages:
Author

Topic: My "mini" mining farms , set up + wiring - page 3. (Read 4704 times)

Activity: 279
Merit: 7
January 06, 2019, 08:15:24 AM
Very nice set up man but hey you must cover those small opening under the exhaust fan for a better suction of the hot air. Be sure to cover any open wall and windows inside the hot air room.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
January 06, 2019, 05:49:55 AM
Swamp coolers are rather expensive here, they will be a perfect solution but honestly i am not looking for perfection, i am trying to keep the cost as low possible, it's also that most likely that mining asics will be outdated before going bad, so i see no need in providing the perfect cooling method for those soon to become paper weight, i always try to roi asap, because you may never know what could happen next week.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
January 05, 2019, 10:08:21 PM
I suspect this is like mini me https://youtu.be/Dt5kFu3YvKw
brand new
December 30, 2018, 01:36:22 PM
interesting
Activity: 8
January 03, 2019, 03:04:40 AM
Jeeze whereabouts are you that 45C is normal?

We get hot and humid summers in southern Ontario and as long as their was managed airflow there was no need for AC. But agree that introducing some cold air will maintain the health of the miners long term. Easy to calculate your overhead and stay profitable.

very close to the sahara desert "no joke" ,  if power is dirt cheap AC is the way to go i the summer, if not the you will need to move a ton of air around the miners when it get's really hot. it's just a matter of everyone own abilities.

cheers

on which part of world ist that?
brand new
December 30, 2018, 10:05:43 AM
how many btc per year you got
copper member
Activity: 65
January 02, 2019, 06:22:46 PM
Cheap electricity in Kuwait. Sevabit welcomes everyone to mine as we have just migrated fully to CN Heavy algo. CPU/GPU miners only now. We are just a week old. 8 masternodes, 35 peers and just about 900,000 mined so far. We are now Asic resistant. Join telegram t.me/sevabit for more info.
brand new
January 05, 2019, 07:46:26 AM
looks very well made, what coins are you mining?
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
January 05, 2019, 10:11:35 AM
You may want to look into what are known as swamp coolers, assuming you have access to a cheap and readily available water source. Very efficient cooling, especially when the air is very, very dry like I would imagine the region near the Sahara to be. If it also happens to be humid, then these will not be very effective.
legendary
December 30, 2018, 08:31:09 PM

We get hot and humid summers in southern Ontario and as long as their was managed airflow there was no need for AC. But agree that introducing some cold air will maintain the health of the miners long term. Easy to calculate your overhead and stay profitable.

very close to the sahara desert "no joke" ,  if power is dirt cheap AC is the way to go i the summer, if not the you will need to move a ton of air around the miners when it get's really hot. it's just a matter of everyone own abilities.

cheers
brand new
December 29, 2018, 07:02:56 AM
Wonderful setup
Thanks for this
Activity: 18
December 30, 2018, 02:55:43 AM
4- in the summer it gets extremely hot here, up to 45 degrees c  is normal  >: , oh that is (113F for fellow Americans  Grin ) ,,so no matter how much airflow is put, they will still get hot, so i have to use an AC to let the miners inhale  Roll Eyes some cold air or they would melt. .

brand new
December 23, 2018, 02:22:21 PM
What pool are you mining at?
Just came up with a thought on how much we do lose by mining at pools like antpool, slush or btc.com...
Nice farm, though
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
December 29, 2018, 04:26:40 AM
I will pm you to not take your thread too far off topic.

Essentially mikey is saying you need to ensure static pressure.
brand new
December 23, 2018, 06:35:53 AM
You can heat up the house in winter with it  Grin
legendary
December 23, 2018, 02:57:46 PM
You can heat up the house in winter with it  Grin

sadly it's far from home  Sad , but you can actually roast a whole chicken in the hot side of the room  Grin

What pool are you mining at?
Just came up with a thought on how much we do lose by mining at pools like antpool, slush or btc.com...
Nice farm, though

oh the majority of the miners are not BTC miners, but if you asking about BTC mining i use ck pool and slushpool. i never liked antpool to be honest.

also i don't see how would you lose by mining at those pools unless the luck happens to be so bad while you were mining ( assuming it's not PPS) or they are simply scamming you. I had zero problem with slushpool and ckpool.

for the non btc miners i usually stick to nicehash, for mainly 2 reasons.

1- i get paid straight in BTC
2- the payout is usually higher for God knows why " probably the noobs over pay to rent hashing power on nicehash to mine shitcoins" or could be people like BCH buying the hashrate to win the war against one another, but i could care less as long as the payment is good. Grin
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
December 21, 2018, 08:27:55 PM
I will pm you to not take your thread too far off topic.
legendary
December 21, 2018, 08:14:02 PM
You’ve posted about the hot and cold wall in my mining farm thread. I’m up to 38 miners now with another 10 en route. I was hitting the 80s on my miners with 25 machines last summer during 90 degree days. I’m sure I will need to build this same wall to avoid overheating in the summer with 50 machines. My upblast fan is rated to 30000cfm. I’m thinking if I build the wall halfway up (15 feet on a 30 foot ceiling) it should direct the hot air high enough where the fan should just suck everything out. What are your thoughts on that approach?

if i remember correctly you have quite a large space,  15 feet is more than enough, depending on the width you going with.

if you want to have a decent spacing like mine, then all you need is 11.5 feet of height, which is about 3.5 meters ( same as mine)

with this height you can have 5 rows and the space from the highest miner to the roof will be about 5 feet which is good enough.

here is the initial design

of course having a higher ceiling is better if you do not plan to exhaust air through the ceiling  , because if you do, then what matters more is the space from the mining room ceiling to the main room ceiling, if you planing to suck the air out from one of the sides, then the higher the ceiling the better, but i still think 5 feet from the top miner to the roof top is more than enough.

also with 30000cfm i am sure the hot room will not be too hot  Grin , but you will need to have a large intake fan in the cold room, facing the opposite direction of your exhaust fan , because the air pressure created by the 30000 cfm along with  miner exhaust fans will be too much for the miner intake fans to handle, they will be spinning at high rpms and the pressure in the cold room will be so low, like latterly you will not be able shut the door of the cold room if it opens to the inside, it will feel like a very strong person pulling it from the inside, therefore you need to force at least something close to 30000cfm to the cold room, which does not have to be a single fan, maybe 10000cfm fan and make a few holes on the side of the wall of the cold room for air to come in easily.
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
December 21, 2018, 07:02:10 PM
You’ve posted about the hot and cold wall in my mining farm thread. I’m up to 38 miners now with another 10 en route. I was hitting the 80s on my miners with 25 machines last summer during 90 degree days. I’m sure I will need to build this same wall to avoid overheating in the summer with 50 machines. My upblast fan is rated to 30000cfm. I’m thinking if I build the wall halfway up (15 feet on a 30 foot ceiling) it should direct the hot air high enough where the fan should just suck everything out. What are your thoughts on that approach?
legendary
December 21, 2018, 06:10:21 PM
Nice setup. What are you using to suck the hot air out of the hot room?

a single 600mm2 exhaust fan which i think is about 70cmm or 2000cfm

i have to guess because it is a second hand with no label what so ever  Grin and it is doing the job just fine, also when it get's very hot and i have to increase the fans rpm( of the miners) i simply open the door of the hot room to allow some of the hot air to go outside, the intake for the cold room is on the opposite side so the hot air has noway of going back.

i know many people say that you need at least 150-200 cfm for each miner which means i will need about 200*40 =8000 cfm but really for this set up a single fan is doing the job, in fact it stopped working once so i had to rely on only the pressure of the miners' fans to push the hot air out of the door and temps were not even that high, i think as long as the hot room is large enough then there is plenty of room for the hot air to find it's way out. i know this might not make sense if you would go by the BOOK , but it's working for me

I will take more pictures when i set up the coming miners to give  you a better overall view.
Pages:
Jump to: