Pages:
Author

Topic: My MtGox account has been hacked - page 2. (Read 6399 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"
June 15, 2011, 04:26:27 AM
Did you use the same password on multiple sites? What was it?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
June 15, 2011, 04:24:59 AM
This morning when I tried to login btcguild, it said my password has been changed. Same deal with mtgox. I also cannot login my email which was associated with btcguild and mtgox. I recovered my password and resetted it only to found out that my account in btcguild has been updated with a new wallet id as well as a new email, which is my original email with a 1 appended at the end (eg from [email protected] to [email protected]). Luckily I had payout lock in btcguild which means payout cannot be allowed within 24 hours of a wallet id change.

I then tried recover my password in MtGox by clicking the forgot password option, but the hacker likely changed my email address therefore I cannot receive the mail to reset my password. I've filed a ticket to MtGox support but I don't know how long it will take for them to respond to me. I would very much like them to freeze all my assets on MtGox (worth thousands of USD) until I can regain access to my account.

I'm typing this to let everyone know that I've either been hacked or the security in btcguild and/or MtGox is not secure.

Edit:

I've been contacted by MtGox and they are now on the case.

Hi,

We have located your funds. Unfortunately some funds have already been withdrawn ($1000 worth in bitcoins). We are tracking those funds as fast as possible.

Thanks,
    Mark
    MtGox.com Team
Pages:
Jump to: