Pages:
Author

Topic: my MyEtherWallet/account was emptied - page 2. (Read 2189 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 683
Love is the answer
November 24, 2017, 03:11:22 PM
Hi friends,

finally we have some movement on the wallet where my funds were sent to and finally ended up here:
https://etherscan.io/address/0x41d57e163b6c64fca2cd6535fcaa199b1fedd98b
where "he/them" already accumulated a total of 1.945 ETH (around 650k $) !

Does anybody has any idea what I can to ongoing with this new information?

Kind regards
Stefan

You can report that ETH address here: https://etherscamdb.info/report/ so it can be tagged as part of the phishing address that every user of Etherscan and MEW should watch out for. Now if ever you want to file a legal complaint against the person who stole your coins and do a thorough investigation on him, you can go to the website of the Internet Crime Complaint Center or IC3 here: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Since you do not have much information about the hacker, just write what you think is relevant and can help you track him down.

Anyways, good luck and I hope you get your money back.

Hmm, I mean I have not to much to lose, but somehow I don´t want to give that many personal informations to the FBI (not that they don´t have them already...)  Cool
Activity: 518
Merit: 278
November 18, 2017, 07:38:40 PM
Hi friends,

finally we have some movement on the wallet where my funds were sent to and finally ended up here:

Kind regards
Stefan

You can report that ETH address here: https://etherscamdb.info/report/ so it can be tagged as part of the phishing address that every user of Etherscan and MEW should watch out for. Now if ever you want to file a legal complaint against the person who stole your coins and do a thorough investigation on him, you can go to the website of the Internet Crime Complaint Center or IC3 here: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Since you do not have much information about the hacker, just write what you think is relevant and can help you track him down.

Anyways, good luck and I hope you get your money back.
Love is the answer
November 17, 2017, 02:45:44 PM
I know my chances are practically 0%, but maybe somebody has an idea.

I did a huge mistake and lost 10k $ after I put (copy & paste) my Privatekey (instead of my address) into a spreadsheet... so all my assets had been transferred to https://etherscan.io/address/0xda1efbf72db93ce5dfa47e5ff772dde8f19e2065
and sitting there since... is there anything I can do (beside hitting my head against an stone) ?

Thanks in advance
A first stupid, now desperate guy
Once it has been sent it can never be return, that's the saddest things that we need to move on and learn from our mistakes anyway mate.  Though you can see where it sent to the wallet but like what I said it can never be back to your wallet again.

Thanks for your warm words, mate.
Meanwhile - with some distance I accepted that this mistake was the most expensive in my life, but is was my mistake and I "just" loss money.
A lot, but JUST MONEY... Also I believe a little in Karma, so probably it is OK that this happened to me now... Smiley
Let´s stay safe, healthy & enjoy life - that´s what really matters...

Cheers
Activity: 885
Merit: 112
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
November 17, 2017, 02:34:35 PM

I did a huge mistake and lost 10k $ after I put (copy & paste) my Privatekey (instead of my address) into a spreadsheet... so all my assets had been transferred to https://etherscan.io/address/0xda1efbf72db93ce5dfa47e5ff772dde8f19e2065
and sitting there since... is there anything I can do (beside hitting my head against an stone) ?

Thanks in advance
Once it has been sent it can never be return, that's the saddest things that we need to move on and learn from our mistakes anyway mate.  Though you can see where it sent to the wallet but like what I said it can never be back to your wallet again.
Love is the answer
November 16, 2017, 07:17:39 PM
reserved
Activity: 2506
Merit: 328
September 06, 2017, 09:50:27 AM

Thanks in advance
You cant do anything but regret on the thing you have done.Those ETH are lost and checking on the history those amounts been transfered on an address next was transfered again to a wallet which do have many transactions.I suspect its an exchange or either a mixing service.Tracking them whose the one who hacked is impossible.
Activity: 560
Merit: 217
September 06, 2017, 09:24:02 AM
Your etherwallet is comprimised. Dont ever click on any link on slack or where ever. Always check the url when ypu want to access your myetherwallet. Hacker every where with many ways they want to steal ethereum or token from us. If you feel like you ever klik some link on slack. Change your wallet !!! Token and ethereum is money...
Love is the answer
September 06, 2017, 04:58:16 AM

Thanks in advance

First of all, this has nothing to do with MyEtherWallet, so the title is somewhat misleading. MEW doesn't have accounts and doesn't store your coins. It is just a way to transfer your coins. The thief just spotted your private keys somewhere on Google spreadsheet and used it to drain your wallet.

Anyway, I don't think we can get your coins back, but I just wanted to say "FUCK YOU!" to the person whoever stole your coins, so I sent him a FUCK.  Grin
https://etherscan.io/address/0xda1efbf72db93ce5dfa47e5ff772dde8f19e2065#tokentxns

Haha, nice...and absolutely true: this has nothing to do with the security of MEW, just my exposure...
It seems like he already cashed out the 27 ETH from BTC-e ... :/
thanks for spending your 5 Cents on the good cause! Smiley
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
September 06, 2017, 02:22:28 AM

Thanks in advance

First of all, this has nothing to do with MyEtherWallet, so the title is somewhat misleading. MEW doesn't have accounts and doesn't store your coins. It is just a way to transfer your coins. The thief just spotted your private keys somewhere on Google spreadsheet and used it to drain your wallet.

Anyway, I don't think we can get your coins back, but I just wanted to say "FUCK YOU!" to the person whoever stole your coins, so I sent him a FUCK.  Grin
https://etherscan.io/address/0xda1efbf72db93ce5dfa47e5ff772dde8f19e2065#tokentxns
Love is the answer
August 27, 2017, 06:30:23 PM

Thanks in advance
I'm sorry for your lost but no you cannot do anything about it you can only see the transaction transferring it to another wallet unless the one who transfer it  Give it bac k to you.

After some further research the address it was sent to seems to be the BTC-e - wallet where "the thief" meanwhile probably could have cashed out and do some unnecessary posh holiday on my bill... :/
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
CTO & Spokesman
August 27, 2017, 01:58:42 PM

Thanks in advance
I'm sorry for your lost but no you cannot do anything about it you can only see the transaction transferring it to another wallet unless the one who transfer it  Give it bac k to you.
Love is the answer
August 27, 2017, 08:53:22 AM
Hi friends,

Kind regards
Stefan

Activity: 574
Merit: 139
August 21, 2017, 12:58:38 PM
I am sorry for your lost. Sometimes our fingers are working faster than our brain. Sad
I am quite confused about this. As far as I know, the number of characters for private key and ETH wallet address are not the same. So in my understanding, you can't input the private key as the ETH wallet address, because it will be an invalid address. So under normal scenario, the transaction will be declared invalid and the coins returned to the sender address.
He was applying to signature campaign and copy/paste private key instead eth address to application form. Someone seen private key and took his balance. He wasn't sending his ether to anyone.
Love is the answer
August 21, 2017, 10:50:49 AM
Do you remember which spreadsheet you posted your private key? If that's a campaign, and you know what that campaign is, then there is a chance that you can track who withdraw your balance in your Ethereum wallet. Simply check the TX ID on Etherscan and copy the wallet address of the person who receives your balance. Now try to check if that wallet address has a similar address in the spreadsheet or if it has a similar address to any of the participants of the campaign. If you find out who that person is, and he is one of the participants, then make a post in the Meta section and tag him/her. Let everyone know that s/he stole your money. Remember, since that's a campaign spreadsheet, only you and those who are also in the campaign will notice your private key, including your campaign manager. In other words, there is a high possibility that only one of them could have done it to you. But of course, do not defame that person or anyone in the campaign unless you have all the evidence you need to back it.

Good idea & thanks for your effort... unfortunatelly neither the spreadsheet nor Google knows anything about the owner.
As trading my assets onto it where the first transactions on this wallet it seems, this was a fresh one...

Meanwhile I wrote 2 messages to Mr. X, just in case somebody is interested...:

Nr. 1

First of all: sorry COSS-Devs. for abusing this thread for a not-content- but personal-related issue:

"My desperatety and hope in the same hand - a honest word from a man to a man."

Dearest finder of my MyEtherWallet-Private Key,

I know you are within the community with regulary checking the updates in COSS-Bounty-Spreadsheet and if you read this, you know that these words are adressed just to you.

My name is Stefan, I am 34 years old, living in Germany and having a relationship since nearly 8 years (even though I am not the smartest neither the prettiest guy under the sun and my DNA did not give me the best out of the pot, but that´s how it is).

I havn´t been a good person all my life, I have to admit, I have good sides and some not so good, just like everybody, I think, that´s part of you and me as of everybody else in our time being on this wonderful planet.

I  worked hard and good, as my boss attested, but since few years I am on the way to find out, what I really want in life and I think "helping others with their problems" and "make others feeling good or at least better describes it best." (to be honest I wasnt meaning giving such a huge gift to somebody... Wink )

For having time doing so, I recently decided to quit my job to focus on myself and other human beings more than on carreer. This in my country basically means "trowing your pension in the toilet", but no regret, I enjoy the life, making jokes, smile as much as possible, try to make myself and the people arround me happy. Understood that with smaller things I can make some small impact for good, so actually in Spain picking rubbish from the beaches, nothing to get to much honor for, but still it feels like a good thing.

I am afraid of the dentist (to be honest I panic and gramp whenever I have to go...) but more afraid of the skin-doctor, as my skin looks like vanille-pie with small, but dark chocolate flakes on it.
If it turns out I have skin-cancer (what I consider a 40:60 chance) I will be fucked as I can´t - without the funds you found – afford paying any threat, fair enough, this is my problem only.

And last but not least – I am a human being, making mistakes and this time I did it big time by copy&paste my private key instead of my public address to the Coss-bounty-spread and wasn´t aware enough of what might happen to my account in this new world – I learned my lesson or at least started to last night.

But enough said of myself now, I dont want to make you fell asleep – anyway thanks for reading so far – let´s talk about you.

We both, you and me decided to enter this anonymous world activly, so I don´t know you and I probably never will, but what I know is that behind each and every public address & private key there is a real person, not numbers and letters, but a human being with feelings and emotions, with problems and joy - just as you, just as me, just as behind every 0x....... - number there is somebody with his or her own story.

Now you know mine, I don´t have bad feeling towards you as it wouldnt change things if I would do and I don´t want to annoy you with talks about carma. You were the lucky one how fund my exposed key and just did what most of us what have done immediately, me included. Now you hold the key, you are the one who can decide what will happen with my savings.

Probably you will find a way to liquidate the assets and spend it for some things, that would be your good right, mate. I am not entirely sure if you could enjoy all these gifted things, but probably you could, I don´t know, you can estimate it.

But for me there is a little light in the end of this entirely dark tunnel, now that some days past by and more to come, you maybe already found or will find yourself thinking about this twice.

I believe in the good in the everybody´s heart, I always did, I actually do and most probably will always do so till the end of my days.

Even if this would be an incredible huge move for yourself and I consider it is not very certain, here is my newly generated account: 0xfF75a727e4113F40f007489BADF5941931Ed6372 just in case you won´t find anything good enough to spend my money for and instead you decide to roll back the time, you would be make an even bigger impact to my life.

Thanks in advance
Stefan

Nr. 2:

Dearest finder of my MEW-Private-Key...

now a few days passed by since I told you my story, still I won´t give up hope and continue to believe in the good in everybody.

--- Who missed it: don´t bother , just make sure you never publish your private key anywhere in the Internet! Wink if you are interested in short: While attending the bounty-promotion I put the private key (instead of my Public Address) of MyEtherWallet in the form and not far later my Wallet was emptied – of course
--- Let me point out that this was 100% my mistake as a human being doing to many things in the same time that lost few % of concentration and zooom, happened – no way back... most probably.

Back to you, dearest finder. Since 10 days nothing happened, so probably you are (not yet?) decided to do the big-heart-step sending it "back" to my new wallet, I understand & expect that.

The last days I thought a lot about it & want to make an other offer... to you, to me, to the nature:
For every 0,5 ETH you release back to my new wallet I will clean one beach/area from waste (glas, plastic etc.) whereever in the world I will be by the moment the next 0,5 ETH step is reached.
As "proof of work" I will post a picture (place/website to be announced later) of myself with the result (filled rubbish-bag) to make sure, I do my part of the job.

In case you decide that this is the way the -step by step- release my funds, please let me know, that you accepted the "make the world a better place challenge" by sending the smallest possible (or the first 0,25 ETH) amount to my new wallet 0xfF75a727e4113F40f007489BADF5941931Ed6372

Love & peace
Stefan

P.S. Thanks @ COSS-team & BCT-adimn(s) to let me publish this here even though it has nothing to do with you.

Thanks for your condolecence, guys, this already helped a little to find the way back to the top of the hill, will be hard & steep, but I will try it... Cheers, Stefan
Merit: 250
August 19, 2017, 11:39:13 AM
I really feel sorry for your loss, but I think there is no chance of getting your money back. Or you could at least try to contact their support if they could help you out but that's not a 100% sure you could retrieve them all back. This is one lesson learned, I almost had the same mistake when I copy pasted my private keys too but good thing I double check mines and almost lost them too. I hope you get your money back though, that's such a huge amount.
Merit: 278
August 19, 2017, 07:12:54 AM
Do you remember which spreadsheet you posted your private key? If that's a campaign, and you know what that campaign is, then there is a chance that you can track who withdraw your balance in your Ethereum wallet. Simply check the TX ID on Etherscan and copy the wallet address of the person who receives your balance. Now try to check if that wallet address has a similar address in the spreadsheet or if it has a similar address to any of the participants of the campaign. If you find out who that person is, and he is one of the participants, then make a post in the Meta section and tag him/her. Let everyone know that s/he stole your money. Remember, since that's a campaign spreadsheet, only you and those who are also in the campaign will notice your private key, including your campaign manager. In other words, there is a high possibility that only one of them could have done it to you. But of course, do not defame that person or anyone in the campaign unless you have all the evidence you need to back it.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
August 19, 2017, 03:18:37 AM

Thanks in advance

Hey mate, sorry to hear about this unfortunate event that happened to you. I believe (and think that you accepted it already) that you'll not be able to recover your coins. Hopefully, this mistake will teach you an important lesson regarding cryptospace. Actually, you're mistake also made an impression to me and made me realize that I should also be very careful in what I copy/paste especially to this forum.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
August 18, 2017, 11:41:47 PM
sad to hear that. im sorry for your loss. may the great lord bless you a thousand folds! dont worry you may able to recover soon! keep the fire burning!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 18, 2017, 11:34:37 PM
The safest way I've ever seen things done uses three different computers, one for highly secure wallet software, another for mining and a third for there regular business.

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
August 18, 2017, 11:12:28 PM
It is actually surprising how small the group of developers out there are that can properly handle Coding cryptocurrency. In the end, in order for people to deal with cryptocurrency they have to download install software that their system warned against, using a system of mining and confirmation that they don't fully understand, and within that fragile environment they place a financial holding.
Pages:
Jump to: