Pages:
Author

Topic: My open letter to Bitcoin Foundation - page 3. (Read 3756 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
December 29, 2012, 04:32:29 PM
This is just example of slovenliness. The main thing isnt related to gox.
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
December 29, 2012, 04:31:13 PM
if you are not satisfied with mtgox, use another exchange. this will bring liquidity there Smiley

Clown prophet
December 29, 2012, 04:22:58 PM
Wait isn't the bitcoin foundation suppose to help the bitcoin community, when did it turn to an elite country club? This is why I would never pay for the bitcoin foundation, they are becoming elitist already. So sad...

If my proposal will be supported by community, this will be community proposal.

If Bitcoin Foundation ignores community proposals - i wish to ignore that organization.
Clown prophet
December 29, 2012, 04:19:23 PM
I would suggest become a member and get elected/vote to bf-board.
I don't try to be a member of premium club, I am just private person with my own interesets.

Bitcoin needs to be widely used, no?

Widely used means it has low volatility - ppl dont fear to save bitcoins on monthly basis.

Low volatility reached by high liquidity.

High liquidity reached by trust ppl in services.

And ppl trust reached by responsibilty of such services (which is absent).

And resposibility reached by centralized autority.

Genius is simple.
Clown prophet
December 29, 2012, 04:11:13 PM
My apologies if English is a second language, but you might be wise to solicit help (possibly for a bounty) - both with English and with constructing a coherent argument (a language-independent skill).  You may have a good point, but many won't see it due to the noise, sorry.
Appologizes accepted. English is my second language.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2012, 04:05:11 PM

Wait isn't the bitcoin foundation suppose to help the bitcoin community, when did it turn to an elite country club? This is why I would never pay for the bitcoin foundation, they are becoming elitist already. So sad...
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
December 29, 2012, 04:03:36 PM
My apologies if English is a second language, but you might be wise to solicit help (possibly for a bounty) - both with English and with constructing a coherent argument (a language-independent skill).  You may have a good point, but many won't see it due to the noise, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004
December 29, 2012, 04:02:23 PM

Clown prophet
December 29, 2012, 03:52:42 PM
About strong move, security and responsibility from the point of view of speculant.

You all know what happened right after price bump in Jun 2011. Mtgox got hacked.

Because unknown service coded on knees was not valued in hackers while bitcoin didnt have significant value. But since bump, MtGox security gained value in hackers' eyes. They realized that there are millions of dollars located there and nobody there doesn't mind about security. And we got what we got.

The same stuff with pirateat40, bitcoinica and others. Anonymouse nature of bitcoin destroys any responsibility in service owners mind.

There is no central authority in Bitcoin which will force services to complete identification and force to meet security standards like PCI-DSS like it is done in payment card industry by banks and VISA.

And what does Bitcoin Foundation do about that? Nothing. They just scream about bitcoin price gaining value 100500% in press release.

They dont realize that if Bitcoin will get $100 in value - 80% of bitcoin services will be hacked and scam people for money due lack of security and resposibility.

All major drops were due to or accelerated with some big service fuckup.

Bitcoin will not get enought liquidity on market until Bitcoin Foundation will not bring to community central advisory authority for bitcoin centralized services.

It must force services to meet security and responsibility standards.

It should put site seal for approved services which hints common users that service is verified and keeps security standards.

It should widthdraw site seal from services which ignore users complains or security standards and identification procedures. This will hint common users to be careful with this service.

I think I dont need to explain, that wide usage of Bitcoins needs price stability - coz everyone fear volatility.

And price stabilty only may be reached with enough liquidity on market.

But enough liquidity on market can't be reached without people trust in centralized services. They just scaried to do this. They fear scam.

So we need a service which will verify, identify and watch for keeping security stadards by existsting verified Bitcoin centralized services.

Please provide us with one. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: