Pages:
Author

Topic: My opinion concerning bitcoin forking - page 2. (Read 1215 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
August 19, 2015, 08:18:30 AM
I think Bitcoin should be used for transactions and forks should be used for eating dinner.

Can we please stop this childish split, get together and come up with a synthesis?

Also, if XT is going to be endorsed, what does that mean for the bitcoins currently in my wallet? Will they become worthless or can I somehow exchange them for XT?  Huh

I'm against XT. they want to make money on Bitcoin name

How does that work? In theory can't we have like 1 bitcoin with a thousand forks so bitcoin becomes multifunctional but all forks remain a form of bitcoin that has the same price and can be interchanged?  Huh Huh Huh Huh

No XT forks when 75% of the blocks are mined with xt.  When that happens the remaining 25% will quickly drop core and adopt xt so they dont remian on the weaker chain and the dispute will resolve.  This will likely happen within hours.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
August 19, 2015, 08:17:19 AM
I think Bitcoin should be used for transactions and forks should be used for eating dinner.

Can we please stop this childish split, get together and come up with a synthesis?
This.

Core devs, for fuck's sake, try and find a reasonable consensus and stick with ONE Bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
the Cat-a-clysm.
August 19, 2015, 08:14:01 AM

Also, if XT is going to be endorsed, what does that mean for the bitcoins currently in my wallet? Will they become worthless or can I somehow exchange them for XT?  Huh

How does that work? In theory can't we have like 1 bitcoin with a thousand forks so bitcoin becomes multifunctional but all forks remain a form of bitcoin that has the same price and can be interchanged?  Huh Huh Huh Huh

No, if the exchange updates on XT , You will not be able to sell their Bitcoins from the old network

sorry but this is just false
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 19, 2015, 08:09:04 AM

No, if the exchange updates on XT , You will not be able to sell their Bitcoins from the old network
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 19, 2015, 07:53:56 AM

Activity: 404
Merit: 500
August 19, 2015, 07:41:36 AM

Pages:
Jump to: