Pages:
Author

Topic: My password was changed on this forum - page 3. (Read 497 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024
Hello Leo! You can still win.
June 20, 2023, 10:17:04 AM
Which among the below was not done by you

According to Bpip your password was changed 3 times since registration which the last one was done today using your email address.

If your are worried of security, then try checking your login device who have access to it, increase your security measures, and don't save your login in browsers. If this was actually a hack attempt you might not be lucky next time to use your email and reset the password because it will be removed and change completely.

I changed today few minutes before making this post as I was not able to login. I am sure that I did not change password since long time before this. I remember changing it once more few years back and that time also someone guessed , changed my password and made 1-2 unwanted posts from this profile.

They got access to your account and did not change your email, it means they don't want to take ownership of the account.
But it is risky someone making posts with your account. The person might use your account to spread malware or plagerise, and you know the consequences. You will lose your account. That will be a big challenge to you because you will first have to appeal for ban and then prove ownership of the account.

Since you still have access to the account, I think you should rather create a new email, change the email of the account and reset your password before you will be totally compromised.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
June 20, 2023, 10:09:35 AM
As already said above by Faisal2202, no one changed your password. Most probably you had forgotten your password and you entered a wrong password.
Your password was changed via your email address today which was done by yourself and as displayed above in the image posted by Nwada001 from BPIP, the last time your password was changed before that was around 4 years ago.

Anyway, if you still worry about security of your account, you can visit the link below and check if you see any suspicious IP address.
https://bitcointalk.org/myips.php
Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
Available for rent
June 20, 2023, 10:09:10 AM

According to Bpip your password was changed 3 times since registration which the last one was done today using your email address.

If your are worried of security, then try checking your login device who have access to it, increase your security measures, and don't save your login in browsers. If this was actually a hack attempt you might not be lucky next time to use your email and reset the password because it will be removed and change completely.

I changed today few minutes before making this post as I was not able to login. I am sure that I did not change password since long time before this. I remember changing it once more few years back and that time also someone guessed , changed my password and made 1-2 unwanted posts from this profile.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 466
Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!
June 20, 2023, 10:07:31 AM
Today when I tried to login, my  old password was not working. Was my account hacked ? Do I need to worry about it.

I was able to reset password as email was not changed.
There is a password log thread shared by theymos where you can check either your password has been changed or not, source, you can check the source for further guidance and i personally checked the password log with your username and found only one entry with your username which is here.

According to timestamp, as you said, before making this post you changed your password and the time difference between this post and the password change is only 3 to 4 minutes so i am confirmed that log is yours and as there is no other password change log then i can tell you, your password has not been changed i think you have forgot it or maybe you didn't realize that, sometimes this happens, but dyor too from your side as do no rely on my reply only.
Activity: 602
Merit: 638
June 20, 2023, 10:02:12 AM

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
June 20, 2023, 09:59:44 AM
If someone had the access and could change password, why would they not change the email address too? That doesn't make sense. Maybe you have changed the password but forgot?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
Available for rent
June 20, 2023, 09:55:39 AM
Today when I tried to login, my  old password was not working. Was my account hacked ? Do I need to worry about it.

I was able to reset password as email was not changed.
Pages:
Jump to: