Pages:
Author

Topic: My profitability on GPUs - page 2. (Read 1353 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 10
September 18, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
Hello. Can you suggest what is best to mine with an AMD GPU? I have extra GPUs that are on standby. I can use them for mining: I have 2 rx 570 8gb and 1 rx 580 8gb GPUs. What are the best algorithms and best coins to mine with them?
You may try Ubiq, Monero or Ethereum you can get more profitability if you have low cost electricity and may I ask why just make it an extra if you have other GPUs that mines for you? Why not combine them on your other rigs?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!
September 18, 2018, 07:17:47 PM
Hello. Can you suggest what is best to mine with an AMD GPU? I have extra GPUs that are on standby. I can use them for mining: I have 2 rx 570 8gb and 1 rx 580 8gb GPUs. What are the best algorithms and best coins to mine with them?
The current situation we will earn less profit so you should calculate in your GPU power consumption in one day. Automatically you will find how much profit possible in every month. But current market is not well so you will earn good profit in future not now so you my try monero this will be a good earning platform.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
September 18, 2018, 07:10:56 PM
course itself Grin
Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
September 18, 2018, 11:58:29 AM
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 08:57:28 AM
I mine 0.1 BTC/day.
Electric costs are about 0.12 BTC/day.
Why are you mining then?

Great question. That guy is way better off reading posts of people like DrG who clearly explain why mining at a loss is stupid and extremely counter productive to earning profit at all. Considering earning 0.1 BTC per day requires a lot of hardware and electricity, you should spend more time thinking about the economics of mining.

Just turn off your miners and use the mining electricity to buy actual coins.

I wrote this because its as stupid as the OP's post.
I means nothing if you don't explain the details, does it?  Undecided
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 08:44:49 AM
My current profitability on

1070 0.00008 BTC/day
1080ti 0.00013 BTC/day

which coins did you mine at the present? I mined Zcash and  Ethereum  but it seems the profit is very low sometimes I got my loss of electricity.
and I went to mine some XVG or Zcoin but the diff is too high then I stopped mining .

How you can mine zcash bitmain completely killed it. In my opinion for now good option are ETC, ETH and some unknown coin.

Hi,

There are very bad days... Smiley
I don't know, what I should mine on my green cards. ETH?.. BTG?.. As I remember, NiceHash was good decision, but not now. They advertised good profit, but I couldn't gain it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
September 11, 2018, 01:28:58 PM

1070 0.00008 BTC/day
1080ti 0.00013 BTC/day

which coins did you mine at the present? I mined Zcash and  Ethereum  but it seems the profit is very low sometimes I got my loss of electricity.
and I went to mine some XVG or Zcoin but the diff is too high then I stopped mining .

How you can mine zcash bitmain completely killed it. In my opinion for now good option are ETC, ETH and some unknown coin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core
September 11, 2018, 01:15:47 PM

1070 0.00008 BTC/day
1080ti 0.00013 BTC/day

I'm mining RVN and selling it immediately.
I can suggest you try different pools and miners - you could gain 10-20% profit.

Thank you for your suggestion . I will try to mine RVN and I hope it can help me to get some profit to compensate my electricity loss before and I can quickly recover my expenses for GPU miners soon.
September 10, 2018, 10:42:01 AM
As I could understand, more stable coins you can find on the whattomine. Sometimes on the coinwarz I see great profit, but after day of mining my real profit is tends to whattomine.
That's why I'm mining RVN
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
September 10, 2018, 08:52:42 AM
I have turned off all my inefficient rigs and only mine with efficient rigs with marginal profit.
I'm also in this situation, 60% on / 40% off.
Activity: 10
September 10, 2018, 08:49:52 AM
I mine 0.1 BTC/day.
Why are you mining then?

Great question. That guy is way better off reading posts of people like DrG who clearly explain why mining at a loss is stupid and extremely counter productive to earning profit at all. Considering earning 0.1 BTC per day requires a lot of hardware and electricity, you should spend more time thinking about the economics of mining.

I have turned off all my inefficient rigs and only mine with efficient rigs with marginal profit.
September 10, 2018, 08:02:23 AM

1070 0.00008 BTC/day
1080ti 0.00013 BTC/day

I'm mining RVN and selling it immediately.
I can suggest you try different pools and miners - you could gain 10-20% profit.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core
September 10, 2018, 05:35:26 AM

1070 0.00008 BTC/day
1080ti 0.00013 BTC/day

Activity: 5
September 10, 2018, 05:27:48 AM
It is really strange that a 1080 ti to make that low amount...

Could you, please, provide me with any ideas, how to get more. Really, I couldn't gain advertised by whattomine.

Not only what to mine can suggest you if what coin is the best to mine you can use the other tools below.
https://www.coincalculators.io/ and https://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

I hope that you can find which coin you can mine higher than the profit you earn before.
As of now, vega is way much better than 1080ti

As I could understand, more stable coins you can find on the whattomine. Sometimes on the coinwarz I see great profit, but after day of mining my real profit is tends to whattomine.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
September 10, 2018, 01:59:58 AM
I mine 0.1 BTC/day.
Why are you mining then?

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
September 09, 2018, 03:55:20 PM

Could you, please, provide me with any ideas, how to get more. Really, I couldn't gain advertised by whattomine.

Not only what to mine can suggest you if what coin is the best to mine you can use the other tools below.
https://www.coincalculators.io/ and https://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

I hope that you can find which coin you can mine higher than the profit you earn before.
As of now, vega is way much better than 1080ti
September 09, 2018, 03:40:49 PM

September 09, 2018, 02:56:09 PM
It is really strange that a 1080 ti to make that low amount. Probably you can put it to mine Cryptonight V7 and it will at least do better than that. I am not sure though as the only times I have had to deal with 1080 ti it was on customer PC-s and they were mainly gaming PC. I am sure though that this amount can be more with the 1080 ti.

Unfortunately for the 1070 I am afraid you are right. It is best at mining Zcash and Zcash profitability after the ASICS hit the market is worthless with GPU-s now.

as I know, Cryptonight V7 is better for AMD.
I'm mining RVN and for today I get arround BTC 0.00012 / each 1080ti and BTC 0.000085 / 1070.
I'm using z-enemy miner (sometimes I'm trying some new miners, yet I couldn't find better). What about the pools... I'm looking for better than yiimp.eu.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
September 08, 2018, 05:06:01 AM
Profitability is a relative term. You are profitable, or not, only at the point you cash out to FIAT, after deducting cost. Until then, it's a very subjective term.

When you're mining in general, you must have already calculate and accept that paying for your electricity upfront. Electricity must already be factored in as "production cost" and NOT pegged to daily/current coin price.
I see some miners stop mining because their coin price drop below their monthly electricity cost. I feel this is kind of stupid, to start and stop mining based on current price.
To me, I'll only switch mining a particular coin if the project goes dead or difficulty level goes super high.
You can see that I use the term "switch" instead of "stop".
Bottomline, you need to have a full-time day job and this mining as side income or "savings". Good luck to small miners fully dependent on mining profit as your only income.

I'm not sure where you live, but the tax code in the US has changed for cryptos this past year. Now the sell event is considered any time a crypto is changed forms like from BTC to LTC not just when you liquidate to fiat. They don't treat crypto as real property like a 1031 exchange, they treat it as a currency transaction.

Also it is not stupid to stop mining at a loss. In fact it is stupid to mine at a loss (unless you have some need to hide your coins). This has been discussed by myself and others ad nauseum on other posts - you should do some reading.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
September 07, 2018, 11:38:11 PM
Profitability is a relative term. You are profitable, or not, only at the point you cash out to FIAT, after deducting cost. Until then, it's a very subjective term.

When you're mining in general, you must have already calculate and accept that paying for your electricity upfront. Electricity must already be factored in as "production cost" and NOT pegged to daily/current coin price.
I see some miners stop mining because their coin price drop below their monthly electricity cost. I feel this is kind of stupid, to start and stop mining based on current price.
To me, I'll only switch mining a particular coin if the project goes dead or difficulty level goes super high.
You can see that I use the term "switch" instead of "stop".
Bottomline, you need to have a full-time day job and this mining as side income or "savings". Good luck to small miners fully dependent on mining profit as your only income.
Pages:
Jump to: