Pages:
Author

Topic: My second attempt at BTC mining- need advice - page 2. (Read 1436 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
You have a lot, lot, lot more googling to do before you post something like this. All the information about bitcoin is out there in the public domain as it has been since the start.

I don't see the problem. Obviously I made this forum post to create a pool of knowledge that I may or may not know. To learn. To say that there's more to read on google is like telling me there's more to read in the library. Obviously that's a true statement. I'm asking what people know and what they are willing to tell me. Let's get some helpful replies.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Your not mining BTC with vid cards,free power or not,even ASIC's will be & are hard pressed to make any return  Sad

MAYBE mining altcoins can do a bit better,but even they will be over run very soon by large altcoin ASIC miners that are going to be shipped,maybe by august or September  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
You have a lot, lot, lot more googling to do before you post something like this. All the information about bitcoin is out there in the public domain as it has been since the start.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
    When the human race collects solar power, the most effective way is to create a "solar flower" which is, simply put, a cleverly positioned cluster of solar panels that collect the most energy possible.
    What if, I were to make a small cluster of rigs that did the same but for bitcoins.
The summer has come along, and, being a student, I have a summer job and time on my hands.
Being knowledgeable in the building of computers, but not bitcoin mining, I turn to you. The BTC community, to help me make a set of rigs that are entirely cost efficient.

My idea is this: get a series of cheap but powerful, built rigs that mine for me and are powered off of the hot Texas summer sun.

So I need your help to create powerful but cheap machines.
What makes a powerful miner?
What do I need to have to effectively mine bitcoins?
How do I set these up to be powered by solar panels?

Please. I will figure out the solar part if you help me with the hardware build part. Then I will post to this thread the end result and hopefully improve our knowledge of the home made mining cluster.
Pages:
Jump to: