Pages:
Author

Topic: My theory on why BTC's value is only going to rise and become more consistent - page 2. (Read 980 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
OP, there's no need to formulate a complex theory about it. A simple look at the chart without any indicators will show that Bitcoin is always in a rising trend. We have the growth of the dark markets to thank for this and also the speculators.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
The maximum bitcoin that can be created are 21 million, eventually a lot of them will be lost or inaccessible. It may even get broken by something like quantum computing, which could crack wallets or slurp up all the remaining bitcoin to be mined. Bitcoin has made a great foundation for cryptocurrency, but it is almost inevitable it will be surpassed by a future digital currency.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
My theory on why BTC's value is only going to rise and become more consistent over time:

Recently someone on here made a astute observation that the boom we are witnessing has something to do with the public's increasing awareness of BTC and most importantly the public's ABILITY TO USE AND EXCHANGE said currency, i.e BTC's learning curve.

What this poster pointed out is that if you look at BTC's growth over the last few months it seems to be off-the-charts level, i.e: exponential in it's growth. He pointed out that BTC'S somewhat steep learning curve is what has held people back, and is still what holds some people back. After mentioning his educational background focus being in sociology and learning his theory is that we are witnessing an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiential_learning curve on the btc growth chart which is essentially an exponential growth curve. e is the base of all logarithms and without getting too textbook about it it's simply happens in many fields of the life and physical science (nature, technology, human activity) and the this experiential learning curve (exponential growth) happens only when these 4 conditions are met:

→   Concrete Experience   ↓   
Active Experimentation            Reflective Observation
↑   Abstract Conceptualization   ←   

As time goes on even with this current MINOR decline I see this still occuring and my favorite collaborating theory to prove that it's not only bound to happen but bound to happen more than later is that with BTC at least 3 of these conditions in it being more user friendly (if not 4) has to do with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law#/media/File:Transistor_Count_and_Moore%27s_Law_-_2011.svg, a law being proven truth more and more over time and that has been around for 50+ years. It basically states that as computing power doubles each year/few years the COST of running said computing power will REDUCE by a factor of 2 (getting 50% cheaper each year). This will only speed up this poster's theory and validate his claim as BTC's value literally comes from PEOPLE not by some arbitrary belief in the value of some government or corporation. This makes getting an accurate value of BTC way easier than the fiat system because of the transparency in blockchain and that better technology in computing as well as time will only validate and increase the public's ability to meet those 4 criteria.

Thus if you believe in these few premises the value of bitcoin is still bound to make a huge jump

1. The people who know and use bitcoin will only go up
2. Bitcoin's foundation and core design principle of blockchain only improve and the public's understanding of how it works will only improve

Thus making BTC as a surefire bet I've seen single... ever... has any type of commodity/stock/good risen THIS much that people are making comparisons to its graph and that of exponential growth? Cause when i first saw the jump that is the first thing that came into my mind too: "holy crap this is an e curve" and "what is causing this growth explosion"

Great analyzation and information, you do have a point here about bitcoin and there is a big possibility bitcoin will rise up in fact there are speculations that next year it might go up twice as its highest rate now but all we could ever do is wait for that moment. If you really are not in a hurry the best thing to do is just hold on to your bitcoin and leave it for like 3-5 years or more.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
My theory on why BTC's value is only going to rise and become more consistent over time:

Recently someone on here made a astute observation that the boom we are witnessing has something to do with the public's increasing awareness of BTC and most importantly the public's ABILITY TO USE AND EXCHANGE said currency, i.e BTC's learning curve.

What this poster pointed out is that if you look at BTC's growth over the last few months it seems to be off-the-charts level, i.e: exponential in it's growth. He pointed out that BTC'S somewhat steep learning curve is what has held people back, and is still what holds some people back. After mentioning his educational background focus being in sociology and learning his theory is that we are witnessing an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiential_learning curve on the btc growth chart which is essentially an exponential growth curve. e is the base of all logarithms and without getting too textbook about it it's simply happens in many fields of the life and physical science (nature, technology, human activity) and the this experiential learning curve (exponential growth) happens only when these 4 conditions are met:

→   Concrete Experience   ↓   
Active Experimentation            Reflective Observation
↑   Abstract Conceptualization   ←   

As time goes on even with this current MINOR decline I see this still occuring and my favorite collaborating theory to prove that it's not only bound to happen but bound to happen more than later is that with BTC at least 3 of these conditions in it being more user friendly (if not 4) has to do with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law#/media/File:Transistor_Count_and_Moore%27s_Law_-_2011.svg, a law being proven truth more and more over time and that has been around for 50+ years. It basically states that as computing power doubles each year/few years the COST of running said computing power will REDUCE by a factor of 2 (getting 50% cheaper each year). This will only speed up this poster's theory and validate his claim as BTC's value literally comes from PEOPLE not by some arbitrary belief in the value of some government or corporation. This makes getting an accurate value of BTC way easier than the fiat system because of the transparency in blockchain and that better technology in computing as well as time will only validate and increase the public's ability to meet those 4 criteria.

Thus if you believe in these few premises the value of bitcoin is still bound to make a huge jump

1. The people who know and use bitcoin will only go up
2. Bitcoin's foundation and core design principle of blockchain only improve and the public's understanding of how it works will only improve

Thus making BTC as a surefire bet I've seen single... ever... has any type of commodity/stock/good risen THIS much that people are making comparisons to its graph and that of exponential growth? Cause when i first saw the jump that is the first thing that came into my mind too: "holy crap this is an e curve" and "what is causing this growth explosion"
Pages:
Jump to: