Pages:
Author

Topic: My Top 5 Privacy Altcoins for 2018 - page 2. (Read 989 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
April 26, 2018, 08:28:36 PM

Then again, check the mobilecoin.com project. There is a whitepaper on the page, and there is a great wired (Just google wired mobilecoin.) article explaining technical details. If you know who is Moxie Marlinspike you will probably like this coin.
Mobile coin lacks some aspects of privacy, but it provides (It will provide, it still doesn't exist) enough privacy for 95% of people. People will be able to send money anonymously over encrypted chat clients like Signal and WhatsApp (These chat clients will be wallets at the same time.), so the focus is on normal average Joe's, comfort and security. It is quite nice, just open Signgal and send your friend money to help him or borow him, or pay someone without anyone knowing how much and what you have paid.

So, you see, we don't have enough privacy coins.

It seems MobileCoin is going to be really big deal soon. It has been just announced that Binance Labs will lead a $30 mln round of fundraising for the project. You can check some more details in MobileCoin's medium: https://medium.com/@j_10523/mobilecoin-cryptocurrency-designed-for-everyone-a36d3355920b.

Apart from huge investment MobileCoin will enjoy “priority consideration” for being listed on Binance as part of the relationship, according to https://techcrunch.com.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 02:55:21 PM
Here is list of my top 5.
Stratis
Waves
Dash
BNT
EOS

Wow I don't think I've heard of any of those  Cheesy
Activity: 280
Merit: 16
January 06, 2018, 03:57:36 PM
Here is list of my top 5.
Stratis
Waves
Dash
BNT
EOS

Activity: 532
Merit: 103
January 06, 2018, 03:41:47 PM
In 2018 there will be new great projects with new crypto giants. But now among coins with low market cap I prefer to invest into LMC, KickCoin, QVT, Worldcore and PKT. However, in any case, I will hold main part of my portfolio in bitcoins and etherium.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
January 06, 2018, 02:49:31 PM
Spent some time recently looking for low marketcap, high growth potential privacy altcoins for 2018. All have a marketcap below $50m and not on any big exchanges yet but have active developers and good tech. I'm sure I missed some good ones but here are the best 5 I found recently:

1) Lux
2) Zoin
3) Solaris
4) Phore
5) Hush

I go into more detail and explain each one in this video: https://youtu.be/X0waJTP96bc. Let me know what you guys think.
Nice catch. I always want to have a bit of high privacy coin because I think it will be in demand in the future. Thanks, OP.
January 06, 2018, 02:02:37 PM
UNIFY and RUPX.
very low max supply.pos.good coins and community.
unify is up 2500 % in a few months(from 0.006 to 0.22)
unify has maximum coins of 19 million.marketcap is near 4 million.
bittrex and cex.io are planning to add this coin soon.
10 $ easy by june 2019.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check those out.
Activity: 154
January 06, 2018, 01:49:03 PM
UNIFY and RUPX.
very low max supply.pos.good coins and community.
unify is up 2500 % in a few months(from 0.006 to 0.22)
unify has maximum coins of 19 million.marketcap is near 4 million.
bittrex and cex.io are planning to add this coin soon.
10 $ easy by june 2019.
Activity: 514
Merit: 258
January 06, 2018, 05:48:35 AM

Don't forget Verge (XVG). Wraith protocoll is already working and hides the IP-Address. They are working steadily to improve privacy.

actually, it does not hide ip's: http://xvg.keff.org/
Wraith protocol is just stealth addresses which isn't enough for privacy at all... timing analysis can be a bitch as you can see in this research: https://z.cash/blog/new-research-on-shielded-ecosystem.html
Activity: 280
January 06, 2018, 05:32:23 AM
Spent some time recently looking for low marketcap, high growth potential privacy altcoins for 2018. All have a marketcap below $50m and not on any big exchanges yet but have active developers and good tech. I'm sure I missed some good ones but here are the best 5 I found recently:

1) Lux
2) Zoin
3) Solaris
4) Phore
5) Hush

I go into more detail and explain each one in this video: https://youtu.be/X0waJTP96bc. Let me know what you guys think.

Don't forget Verge (XVG). Wraith protocoll is already working and hides the IP-Address. They are working steadily to improve privacy.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
January 06, 2018, 04:32:06 AM
I think ZOIN looks very solid. There may be strong growth. He really already was but this is only a drop in the ocean because capitalization has not exceeded 40 million.
Xspectr even now looks very interesting and can make a bunch of exova as there technology is very good. I even think that in the future Xspectr obodai Monero, that's what he's still got potential.
Activity: 38
January 06, 2018, 01:20:31 AM
PURE I highly suggest looking into it. Low market cap, Privacy coin and masternodes.
January 06, 2018, 12:37:30 AM

1) Lux
2) Zoin
3) Solaris
4) Phore
5) Hush

KMD man KMD!!

Not low cap
Activity: 434
Merit: 175
January 05, 2018, 05:59:34 PM
Those coin look interesting but in my opinion these are the top coin for 2018 :
1. Exscudo
2. Boscoin
3. Crypterium
4. Aurora token
5. Bobs Repair

Exscudo and boscoin has its own blockchain.
Crypterium will be the biggest competitor to tenx
Aurora will kick etherdelta they will have sidechain.
Activity: 22
January 04, 2018, 11:59:21 PM
The main thing about privacy coins these days is not about the tech but rather adoptability, which is one of the main reason why monero is priced highly up there. 

A lot of coins mentioned above actually have good tech but poor adoptability. How do you solve that? You need a good team and to be hosted on big exchanges.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
January 04, 2018, 11:23:36 PM

1) Lux
2) Zoin
3) Solaris
4) Phore
5) Hush

KMD man KMD!!
Activity: 201
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
January 04, 2018, 11:19:51 PM
could you tell me why do your coins are good? Are their ICO projects mobilize capital succesful? My portfolio is Stellar, Bitclave, IOTA, Playkey, Centra,...
Activity: 60
January 04, 2018, 09:19:57 PM
And why there is no Monero, DASH. I would also add XSPEC and Verghe. This is also a private coin. The developers of these coins promise us complete privacy when using such coins
Verge is not a privacy coin. Public blockchain, and it leaves Tor network trough exit nodes. Regarding Dash I have to check, but I think they also have public blockchain, though they use mixing what is good, on another side also masternodes.
Activity: 588
January 04, 2018, 08:23:08 PM
And why there is no Monero, DASH. I would also add XSPEC and Verghe. This is also a private coin. The developers of these coins promise us complete privacy when using such coins
January 04, 2018, 08:09:07 PM

Then again, check the mobilecoin.com project. There is a whitepaper on the page, and there is a great wired (Just google wired mobilecoin.) article explaining technical details. If you know who is Moxie Marlinspike you will probably like this coin.
Mobile coin lacks some aspects of privacy, but it provides (It will provide, it still doesn't exist) enough privacy for 95% of people. People will be able to send money anonymously over encrypted chat clients like Signal and WhatsApp (These chat clients will be wallets at the same time.), so the focus is on normal average Joe's, comfort and security. It is quite nice, just open Signgal and send your friend money to help him or borow him, or pay someone without anyone knowing how much and what you have paid.

So, you see, we don't have enough privacy coins.
January 04, 2018, 08:02:56 PM

1) Lux
2) Zoin
3) Solaris
4) Phore
5) Hush

Seeing what happened with Verge there's definitely a possibility for some great returns, the only question that I have is one of thinking how many privacy coins do we really need? I feel the market could become saturated and then returns would be not so great.

I know privacy altcoin become more popular recently. Many people talk about it. But why we nneed so many of privacy coin? I think one or two is enough. Monero is still the first one of my choice.

There are different reason to like more privacy coins. First many of them are not private, they just pretend to be, b/c they know most of people won't care, they only like to hear somewhere 'it is a privacy, secure anonym coin'.

Choice is good. Some have different capabilities. E.g. xspec works inside of Tor network + obfuscatoin in case you are in country which blocks Tor (This sometimes need additional help/configuration, but developers are always ready to jump in and help). Monero still works on their I2P solution.

Competition is good.

Very often return is better with low value coins. E.g. if you bought xspec one month ago, you would pay 40 cent. Current price is ~ 4.5$. That is return of 11x. We all expect it to go much further with price.

I am still buying the coin, because I still think it will continue to provide a nice return for a while. I think the coin has potential to reach 100$, but even it it goes to 20$ only, it is quadruplicated investment.
Pages:
Jump to: