Pages:
Author

Topic: My wallet has been hacked. What to do? - page 3. (Read 455 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
March 17, 2023, 02:46:03 PM
The wallet profile was missing on the PC, as well as the passphrase to restore it. I don't think it's my PC.

It is unclear which profile is missing from your PC. Can you specify? Do you have any idea how this occurred?
This fact itself tells us that your computer is very likely infected with some malware.

I believe that the actions were carried out on a third-party resource. Does Electrum have tech support to check this? How can I communicate them?

Electrum is a self-custody wallet, meaning that you are the only one who possesses your private keys, and there is no third-party resource that could cause you to lose your coins. However, if you have saved your seed phrase to an external source, that was a major security failure on your part.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
March 17, 2023, 02:20:20 PM
Hello.
Today, when logging into the wallet, I received a message about an outgoing transaction dated 12/03/2023. As a result, my balance was reset to zero. What should I do? Can I do anything to return the money?
(Program version 4.3.3 at the time of entry)

I will start by telling that the bitcoins never stay in the wallet. The wallet only handles the keys.
So there's an extremely good chance that somebody got access to your wallet seed, restored (basically obtained a copy of) your wallet and then spent your coins.
Since bitcoin transactions are irreversible, if the transaction is confirmed you cannot get your money back.

What you can do? Try to find out how did your seed got stolen - is your system compromised, or did you save the seed in mail, or cloud? (If system is compromised you may lose more than only the bitcoins). As the others said: learn how bitcoin works, learn to keep your money safer, consider buying a hardware wallet for your coins.
Activity: 966
Merit: 511
🇵🇭
March 17, 2023, 02:11:55 PM
The wallet profile was missing on the PC, as well as the passphrase to restore it. I don't think it's my PC. I believe that the actions were carried out on a third-party resource. Does Electrum have tech support to check this? How can I communicate them?

Probably you install software that has a malware or you get from downloading files. The disappearance of the wallet.dat is a clear sign that your computer is compromised. I’m curious how your passphrase is missing while you should put this on safe place?

There’s no electrum support and confirmed transaction is irreversible. Even Satoshi can’t recover this. Reformat your PC and make sure to avoid installing and downloading files from untrustworthy source.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 2645
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
March 17, 2023, 02:06:35 PM
The wallet profile was missing on the PC, as well as the passphrase to restore it. I don't think it's my PC. I believe that the actions were carried out on a third-party resource. Does Electrum have tech support to check this? How can I communicate them?
When I read such questions like does Electrum have tech support, how can I get my coins return, please help me I lost my bitcoin, I feel disappointed and frustrated. Sorry brother, you are not dealing in Bank or any financial institution. When a hacker hack you device and still your cryptocurrency, it's gone forever. There are no return back unless the person who taken it decides to favour you.

I urge you to learn how Bitcoin works, what it means by decentralization things like that.

Sorry for your loss.
Activity: 48
Merit: 2
March 17, 2023, 01:38:21 PM
What should I do?

Discover what is compromised in your system.
Format your computer.
Buy a hardware wallet.

Where did you stored your seed? In a paper? If not, that is a mistake.

Can I do anything to return the money?

No.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
March 17, 2023, 01:04:59 PM
What should I do?

Discover what is compromised in your system.
Format your computer.
Buy a hardware wallet.

Where did you stored your seed? In a paper? If not, that is a mistake.

Can I do anything to return the money?

No.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
March 17, 2023, 01:03:35 PM
Do you know how it happened? There's sadly nothing you can do now that the transaction is confirmed but you can try and follow the transaction, and see if it ever landed in a centralized exchange's address (one that requires KYC) using walletexplorer.com if it does, contact law enforcement but unless the hacker is from the same country as you, I don't think that would help much.
Activity: 48
Merit: 2
March 17, 2023, 01:01:21 PM
Hello.
Today, when logging into the wallet, I received a message about an outgoing transaction dated 12/03/2023. As a result, my balance was reset to zero. What should I do? Can I do anything to return the money?
(Program version 4.3.3 at the time of entry)
Pages:
Jump to: