Pages:
Author

Topic: My wallet on the computer was robbed - page 2. (Read 2467 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 09, 2015, 06:52:56 AM
Wait, a robber rob your computer? Sorry to hear that.

What kind of wallet you're using? If you using the bitcoin-qt, ever you backup the wallet.dat some somewhere else? (Like usb stick, disc, etc)
Also ever you write your own private key on a paper or... copying and put it on txt file or something then put it somewhere?

You can back up your wallet from it, but if you aren't, you can't. Sorry for that.
Next time don't forget to backup.

Or if the robber just access your computer to steal your bitcoin...

You can't get it back... Do you know who is it? Any security cams?
And next time please encrypt your wallet. Don't just leave them open.

encrypting is uselesses if your computer is unsafe, because at the first time he need to spend them with bitcoin core, he will lost everything anyway

so first clear you OS(in same case this can't be enough as there are some virus that target the bios, but i don't think this is the case...), and then make a new clean installation

add then malware-byte, hitman pro and zeman for protection, and next time use a "trap wallet" in your main machine and the rest in a cold storage, this is the best solution against any hacker
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
April 09, 2015, 06:17:33 AM
Wait, a robber rob your computer? Sorry to hear that.

What kind of wallet you're using? If you using the bitcoin-qt, ever you backup the wallet.dat some somewhere else? (Like usb stick, disc, etc)
Also ever you write your own private key on a paper or... copying and put it on txt file or something then put it somewhere?

You can back up your wallet from it, but if you aren't, you can't. Sorry for that.
Next time don't forget to backup.

Or if the robber just access your computer to steal your bitcoin...

You can't get it back... Do you know who is it? Any security cams?
And next time please encrypt your wallet. Don't just leave them open.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
April 09, 2015, 05:54:46 AM
Hi, an intruder robbed my bitcoins. What can I do ? Any suggestions ?
Pages:
Jump to: