Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 57. (Read 586242 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
June 15, 2015, 05:08:03 PM
I occasionally use the Mycelium wallet, but don't really know my way around it. I have a couple of questions:

1) if I want to give addresses to two different people so they can both pay me an amount, how can I do that? The 'receive' button only shows me a single address. It changes as soon as it receives coins, but not until then. So how can I get an address to give to the 2nd person if the 1st one didn't pay me yet?

In bitcoin-core, I would do "bitcoin-cli getaccountaddress "person 2" to get an address to give to person 2. What's the recommended way in Mycelium?

2) possibly related - does Mycelium support the 'payments protocol' thing? I'm not finding anything about it.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
June 09, 2015, 09:54:27 AM
* Allow spending of unconfirmed funds

Could you give more information on this. I don't understand how it is possible.

It means that you can spend BTC from your Mycelium wallet even if the received transaction has no confirmation.

Ok, but how is it possible ? Bitcoin core doesn't accept transaction if the UTXO are not in a block, so i don't understand how this is technically possible.

When you send a transaction with an unconfirmed UTXO as input, then the unconfirmed UTXO will need to confirm *before* the second transaction get confirmation. So, when first transaction is confirmed, there wouldn't be any problem for second to get confirmation. Do remember that, sometimes, both transactions will be included in same block.

However, if the first transaction is dropped, then miner won't be ableto validate second transaction because input of that transaction doesn't exist and thus, it will be rejected/dropped.

Thanks a lot for this explanation. I didn't know this was possible.
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
June 09, 2015, 09:42:21 AM

It means that you can spend BTC from your Mycelium wallet even if the received transaction has no confirmation.

Ok, but how is it possible ? Bitcoin core doesn't accept transaction if the UTXO are not in a block, so i don't understand how this is technically possible.

When you send a transaction with an unconfirmed UTXO as input, then the unconfirmed UTXO will need to confirm *before* the second transaction get confirmation. So, when first transaction is confirmed, there wouldn't be any problem for second to get confirmation. Do remember that, sometimes, both transactions will be included in same block.

However, if the first transaction is dropped, then miner won't be ableto validate second transaction because input of that transaction doesn't exist and thus, it will be rejected/dropped.
legendary
June 09, 2015, 08:48:58 AM

Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
June 09, 2015, 08:08:30 AM

legendary
June 09, 2015, 04:39:30 AM

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 08, 2015, 04:25:05 PM
Mycelium has released its next version of the Bitcoin wallet for android (currently in a staged rollout). New features include:

* Integration with Cashila to enable SEPA-Payments. This allows you to send Euro payments to any IBAN account via bitcoin directly from your Mycelium wallet (an account on cashila.com is needed to pair the device).
* Support for BIP70 Merchant Protocol and payment requests. This allows you to sign a transaction and send it directly to the merchant for review before they broadcast it, as well as use certificates (like those used in secure HTTPS connections) to verify you are paying the right person.
* BitID authentication is finally out! This feature has been in code for a very long time now, but we haven't activated it because there was never a standard for it. We collaborated with Trezor after adding support for their devices, and settled on a standard we both use. Now that one of the most popular wallets supports it, websites can finally start adding support for BitID logins.
* Deterministic signatures for Bitcoin transactions (RFC6979). This should reduce any issues that could come up from relying on bad random generators that wallets have had issues with over then years.
* Minor UI changes for the PIN entry
* Option to remove queued outgoing transactions that were created while offline before broadcasting

Please let us know if you run into any issues. In the mean time, we will be working on finishing up Locks and Ledger integration, and start adding more privacy enhancing features since we definitely have some strong competitors now.
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
June 04, 2015, 05:57:09 AM
What monthly backup seed reminder? I have never seen it. Did you import/create address not from seed and didn't backup?
Seed doesn't need repetitive backups.
I haven't seen it on Android either (yet), but it's there on latest iOS version. Ppl forget that this thread is for Android and iOS versions...
pm7
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
June 04, 2015, 05:43:43 AM
Not trying to start an o/t flame war here, but Google and Apple (and even Ubuntu to some extent with their search provider deals) don't have the best privacy/security track records either.... I see no reason MS phones are much if any worse.
With Android you have more choice than Google (Cyanogenmod and others). Your security depends on you, while MS/Apple have more control over your phone than you.

FYI: I find new monthly backup seed reminder EXTREMELY annoying.

I understand the need for torturing new users to make a backup... and you indeed should torture them to hell until they finally do make a backup...

...but once it's done...  please leave users alone or at least make a "don't ask me again" option or something...
What monthly backup seed reminder? I have never seen it. Did you import/create address not from seed and didn't backup?
Seed doesn't need repetitive backups.

I finally could find the private key of the address I use to send the funds for the crowdfunding.
Don't worry about security. I did it off line from a never-conected-to-internet-netbook.

I just need now the WIF key from that private key to claim the tokens of the crowdfunding.

I'm not sure how to do that ...
The private key from https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ is in WIF format, isn't?
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
June 03, 2015, 12:04:52 PM
Are you planing to support Linux (Smart)Phones? Ubuntu Touch for example. There are others too...

It would be wiser to support Windows (phone). Microsoft is now concentrating on mobile platforms and say also say that future OS would have the ability to run android apps on windows phones.
Also the fact that windows phones currently lack of decent bitcoin wallets I believe that Mycelium could easily lead the windows market.
M$ Phones are not security/privacy acceptable, so not an option.

Not trying to start an o/t flame war here, but Google and Apple (and even Ubuntu to some extent with their search provider deals) don't have the best privacy/security track records either.... I see no reason MS phones are much if any worse.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
June 03, 2015, 07:26:46 AM
Are you planing to support Linux (Smart)Phones? Ubuntu Touch for example. There are others too...

It would be wiser to support Windows (phone). Microsoft is now concentrating on mobile platforms and say also say that future OS would have the ability to run android apps on windows phones.
Also the fact that windows phones currently lack of decent bitcoin wallets I believe that Mycelium could easily lead the windows market.
M$ Phones are not security/privacy acceptable, so not an option.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
June 03, 2015, 06:46:25 AM

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
June 03, 2015, 01:05:23 AM
Activity: 55
June 02, 2015, 05:18:39 PM
After adding a Trezor account I noticed that the the balance tab show a "Secure My Funds" button still. If I click it it starts showing words but for "Account 1". It might confuse people that they are backing up their Trezor account somehow and perhaps Trezor accounts should have that button removed?
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
June 02, 2015, 02:22:21 PM
FYI: I find new monthly backup seed reminder EXTREMELY annoying.

I understand the need for torturing new users to make a backup... and you indeed should torture them to hell until they finally do make a backup...

...but once it's done...  please leave users alone or at least make a "don't ask me again" option or something...
Activity: 57
June 02, 2015, 02:05:12 PM
I finally could find the private key of the address I use to send the funds for the crowdfunding.
Don't worry about security. I did it off line from a never-conected-to-internet-netbook.

I just need now the WIF key from that private key to claim the tokens of the crowdfunding.

I'm not sure how to do that ...

pm7
Activity: 34
June 01, 2015, 03:05:59 PM
However, I also still had an old Mycelium wallet on my previous phone (which is now broken). I have the 12 word seed. Is there any other, perhaps temporary wallet (preferably online) where I can import the seed for my old Mycelium version, so I can send the remaining bitcoins from there to my new wallet?
You don't need anything but Mycelium. You can just use cold storage / offline wallet spending.
You would need to make QR-Code of the old seed, or write it in some text editor and than copy to clipboard.
In the menu of Mycelium (right up corner) should be "Offline wallet", or something like this.
I'm not sure of name because I don't use English in my smartphone.
Merit: 501
June 01, 2015, 02:26:41 PM
When can we see a Mycelium wallet for Windows Phone? I think a lot of people are struggling with finding a good bitcoin wallet for WP which contains all the features and Mycelium as far as I have seen it's reviews seems to be no.1 choice when it comes to mobile wallets.

Is there a way to get it installed on WP??
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
June 01, 2015, 12:51:27 PM
I've just got a brand new Android phone, so of course the first app I installed was Mycelium. I started with a fresh, new wallet.

However, I also still had an old Mycelium wallet on my previous phone (which is now broken). I have the 12 word seed. Is there any other, perhaps temporary wallet (preferably online) where I can import the seed for my old Mycelium version, so I can send the remaining bitcoins from there to my new wallet?

Take a look at the spreadsheet listed in this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10862297

The second tab, labeled "mnemonic-compatible", lists wallets which use seeds compatible with one another. Specifically, you'll want one of the wallets listed in column L. If you used more than one account in Mycelium, you'll need to choose a wallet listed as "Yes", otherwise you can choose one listed as either "Yes" or "Partial".
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
June 01, 2015, 10:53:37 AM
A couple of suggestions:

- Can we get a "reading confirmation" of sorts once a chat is going. Maybe a tick, similar to Whatsapp, if you're familiar with that app.

- Make the trade history sortable by date, asc. and desc.
Pages:
Jump to: