Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium for iOS not working - page 2. (Read 4998 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
April 07, 2015, 02:18:01 PM
Do you have your seed words written down somewhere?

Are you only using the one default account, or did you create more than one?

It would not recognize my seed. I get the impression that the app doesn't work without their back end servers and both their servers are down and the app is pulled from the App Store. That's what I think is going on.

Sorry, didn't answer your other question: I only used the one account for that app, and yes I have the seed words written down from the last back up.

I can't speak to why it's not currently working, but if you just want to get the funds out of your wallet and transferred to a different one easily, there is an option for you.

Install MultiBit HD Beta from here: https://beta.multibit.org/

When you first run it, choose "Restore wallet" (not "Restore password from seed", that's something different), and in the next screen be sure to choose Mycelium in the "which wallet created this seed" drop-down box.

Just please be aware that:
  • Multibit HD is still in Beta, and the devs don't advice using it for much beyond testing purposes (although it works for me FWIW)
  • Multibit HD isn't free; it has a 0.00001 BTC per transaction fee which helps support development

There are other ways to get to your bitcoin, but this way is probably the easiest option.

just import the private key into another client like electrum  Wink

Electrum is not compatible. MultiBit HD and Mycelium for Android are the only wallets I'm aware of which are compatible (see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/deterministic-wallet-compatibility-matrix-1000544)

Thank you! You rule!! I'll do this.
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
April 07, 2015, 01:08:00 PM

It would not recognize my seed. I get the impression that the app doesn't work without their back end servers and both their servers are down and the app is pulled from the App Store. That's what I think is going on.

Sorry, didn't answer your other question: I only used the one account for that app, and yes I have the seed words written down from the last back up.

I can't speak to why it's not currently working, but if you just want to get the funds out of your wallet and transferred to a different one easily, there is an option for you.

Install MultiBit HD Beta from here: https://beta.multibit.org/

When you first run it, choose "Restore wallet" (not "Restore password from seed", that's something different), and in the next screen be sure to choose Mycelium in the "which wallet created this seed" drop-down box.

Just please be aware that:
  • Multibit HD is still in Beta, and the devs don't advise using it for much beyond testing purposes (although it works for me FWIW)
  • If you've created multiple accounts in Mycelium, this will only recover the first
  • Multibit HD isn't free; it has a 0.00001 BTC per transaction fee which helps support development

There are other ways to get to your bitcoin, but this way is probably the easiest option.

Electrum is not compatible with Mycelium seeds. MultiBit HD and Mycelium for Android are the only wallets I'm aware of which are compatible (see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/deterministic-wallet-compatibility-matrix-1000544)
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
April 07, 2015, 12:55:16 PM
April 07, 2015, 12:49:11 PM

Hey has anyone else run into a problem with Mycelium on iOS in the last couple days? I can't spend my Bitcoin, or back up my wallet, and it's not even showing in the App Store anymore. What's going on, and how can I get my Bitcoin out of this wallet now?!

April 07, 2015, 12:46:53 PM

Hey has anyone else run into a problem with Mycelium on iOS in the last couple days? I can't spend my Bitcoin, or back up my wallet, and it's not even showing in the App Store anymore. What's going on, and how can I get my Bitcoin out of this wallet now?!

Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
April 07, 2015, 08:52:12 AM

April 07, 2015, 02:12:06 AM

Pages:
Jump to: