Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium now has full Segwit support - page 2. (Read 480 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
December 14, 2018, 08:39:11 PM
I think what they mean about the seeds is that old user with old seed will not be converted or transfer to new seeds that include both segwit and your old bitcoin addresses. So if you are planning to export the seed and import it to another wallet(like electrum) you can only recover the old addresses without segwit addresses.

That makes sense.

I've only exported seeds to get my hands on forks, and Segwit seems to be problematic for that and forks are dead anyway so it makes no difference to me. Either I didn't read it properly or they could do with explaining it better. Someone might get a shock if they expect their Segwit coins to show up again.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
December 14, 2018, 08:35:00 PM
I think what they mean about the seeds is that old user with old seed will not be converted or transfer to new seeds that include both segwit and your old bitcoin addresses. So if you are planning to export the seed and import it to another wallet(like electrum) you can only recover the old addresses without segwit addresses.

Even though it still in beta version and we will expect more improve about the segwit to the wallet.

Honestly, this is one of my favorite mobile wallets before but since they don't support segwit I stopped using them but right now I'll be going to use it again until they clarify the seeds about segwit addresses.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
December 14, 2018, 08:05:02 PM
Mycelium has now gone full Segwit including bech32. When it updated it said something about certain seeds not being able to migrate to a Segwit set up. Dunno what that means. Mine crossed over just fine and it's a pretty old seed. You can switch between legacy, p2sh and bech32 to receive and send.

Now I don't have to justify my sentimental attachment to it any more.
Pages:
Jump to: