Pages:
Author

Topic: Mydailybitcoin.com ? Scam or not? - page 8. (Read 18532 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 595
July 11, 2014, 12:12:51 PM
To whome it might concern, I invested 20 BTC and lost them like many others.

I would like to ask to the scamming people to think about my kids and not only their needs. Perhaps I was a fool to believe honnest people were around on this blue ball.

Please give me a refund to BTC account : 16aNCNfXPiCWFP7XU9LGkSL9hZvfXrR8bM

Or fund be with some VCR on account : VTHtnHLWFp7gKhLdCxwCaFgnGMpeBQZgUw

are you sure you invested 20 BTC ?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
July 11, 2014, 12:09:31 PM
To whome it might concern, I invested 20 BTC and lost them like many others.

I would like to ask to the scamming people to think about my kids and not only their needs. Perhaps I was a fool to believe honnest people were around on this blue ball.

Please give me a refund to BTC account : 16aNCNfXPiCWFP7XU9LGkSL9hZvfXrR8bM

Or fund be with some VCR on account : VTHtnHLWFp7gKhLdCxwCaFgnGMpeBQZgUw
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
July 11, 2014, 10:50:58 AM
Sigh..

Bringing my Total 2014 Scammed loses up to 2.1 btc.
Activity: 29
July 11, 2014, 08:48:05 AM
Does anyone know the requirements of registering a business in such a way. Doesn't the UK require proper identification to register? I will go to the police. But first I want to gather as much information as possible.

If you're thinking about going to the police (via actionfraud - link above - as when I called 101, the police non-emergency number, they told me to use actionfraud) you should do it as soon as you can before Michael Jacek or whatever his real name is starts laundering the coins so the police can't trace them.
July 11, 2014, 08:40:57 AM
I would suggest that we all club together and try to find out as much information as possible. For instance... What requirements are needed to register a business in the UK? I live in the UK.

Registering a limited company is sadly extremely easy. You just have to pay a small fee and name a director or directors and a company secretary. There are services out there that will do it for you for a fee.

The problem with limited companies is that they are limited - that means that the liability of the company is no more than the assets of the company, and it is generally not possible to go after the director(s) for any losses suffered.

However, if the director has carried out a crime (I believe that Bitcoins can be classed as property and therefore stolen) it may be possible to get the police involved and, when the guy is found, the courts.

IANAL though.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
July 11, 2014, 08:38:47 AM
Does anyone know the requirements of registering a business in such a way. Doesn't the UK require proper identification to register? I will go to the police. But first I want to gather as much information as possible.
July 11, 2014, 08:28:51 AM
I would suggest that we all club together and try to find out as much information as possible. For instance... What requirements are needed to register a business in the UK? I live in the UK.
July 11, 2014, 08:28:27 AM
After doing a little research, this is the name of the company director behind mydailycoin  Michael Jacek. This is a real person and they are responsible for fraud and stealing its customers funds. It says he lives in the UK.

http://www.companydirectorcheck.com/michael-jacek-4

Good. What can we do to have our money back and condemn him?

Hey,

I also suffered loss from MDC (approx BTC1.5) and, like you did, downloaded the companies' house documents to trace the director.

Although the name given is Michael Jacek, his nationality is listed as Slovenian, and the address that he has given in the document (90 LONG ACRE, COVENT GARDEN, LONDON, LONDON, ENGLAND, WC2E 9RZ) is a rentable office provided by Regus, so it is doubtful whether we would find him there. His date of birth is listed in the company documents as 04/05/1972, but whether this is true or not I have no idea.

I suggest you do as I do and report this to the UK police (as that's where the company is registered) via http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ as if they get enough reports they may take action. I included a full list of addresses (called Userbits on MDC) I sent coins to and the blockchain transaction IDs to help them trace things.

I'll update with what the police tell me, if anything.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
July 11, 2014, 08:21:28 AM
After doing a little research, this is the name of the company director behind mydailycoin  Michael Jacek. This is a real person and they are responsible for fraud and stealing its customers funds. It says he lives in the UK.

Good. What can we do to have our money back and condemn him?
July 11, 2014, 08:18:12 AM

legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
July 11, 2014, 05:12:14 AM
Oh well, there are always lots of other ponzies you can join. Bitcoin-Trader is all the rage right now, so at least you'll be in good company when it collapses.
legendary
July 11, 2014, 04:26:19 AM
Site has been down for 12+ hours. I sent them an email lets see what they have to say. Has anyone else tried sending them an email?

It is officially SCAM. No need for further proofs. The moderator (Girard Olivier) of facebook page of  MDC deactivated his account and changed the status of the group to secret. So no one can see the posts except the members.
Activity: 62
July 11, 2014, 04:22:33 AM
Site has been down for 12+ hours. I sent them an email lets see what they have to say. Has anyone else tried sending them an email?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 11, 2014, 01:31:05 AM
Already scam Grin I can't access that site too
isup.me -> It's not just you! http://www.mydailycoin.com looks down from here.
and i found someone scammed by them :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7760356
legendary
July 11, 2014, 01:20:58 AM
I looked at the transactions and there has been a lot of transactions that leads to this address 09/07. I live in the UK and wonder whether it would be worth pursuing through the authorities...

https://blockchain.info/address/1QB8Ds5KbGYBLQa5RyDQ2sVUeSKWf7qgkZ

You will see big transfers from this address going also to this address on the blockchain.

https://blockchain.info/address/1PFBGeyAUH6ncVXmW3F7AYC1ieNGz9Fuks

They have basically got away with 1000's upon 1000's of BTC.

Is there anything at all that can be done if they are a registered business in the UK?

The best thing to do is to write to the business which offers these wallets to block those wallets or the other where bitcoins were gone... Are they in blockchain, coinbase or where?
July 11, 2014, 12:03:22 AM
I looked at the transactions and there has been a lot of transactions that leads to this address 09/07. I live in the UK and wonder whether it would be worth pursuing through the authorities...

https://blockchain.info/address/1QB8Ds5KbGYBLQa5RyDQ2sVUeSKWf7qgkZ

You will see big transfers from this address going also to this address on the blockchain.

https://blockchain.info/address/1PFBGeyAUH6ncVXmW3F7AYC1ieNGz9Fuks

They have basically got away with 1000's upon 1000's of BTC.

Is there anything at all that can be done if they are a registered business in the UK?

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 10, 2014, 09:12:06 PM
I just found this forum since MDC looks down or gone. I can't get to the site. I might have lost $12.40. I never trusted them much so was unwilling to put more than that into the site.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
July 10, 2014, 03:33:06 PM
They were gone. No sign of MyDailyCoin. After a lot of publicity and a daily regularity they gone. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. From MDC only one name: Girard Olivier. If it is a real name....

So far, it looks bad.  I've potentially (I'm still waiting, in hopes this isn't as end-all as it seems) lost 0.250 BTC (about $150, plus $15 in earnings)), plus $25 in BTC for an account for my wife.  Kept wondering if I should fund my son and brother an account.  Now I'm glad I didn't.  I really did believe in them... and wanted to help others believe.  I was not part of a scam.  Not knowingly.  They'd been around since before I joined.  I had absolutely NO problems releasing/withdrawing my funds to Coinbase.   I was simply trying to share my experiences with others... so much so, I was willing to PAY to help other's believe.  Scammers don't do that.  Why would they?  They'd be taking their own money, not someone else's!  But now I won't be able to do that.  Not that anyone probably believes me, but scammers stay out of the spotlight of scrutiny and disappear when they scam (like a certain Girard on FB)... I'm still here.  Why?  Because I'm innocent.  Stupid, but innocent.  At least I wasn't able to convince anyone to spend their own money.  It's just me with egg on my face for being the fool.  I can handle that.  I'm just angry that my financial plans to have just enough money to never worry about money again (about $1,000 extra/mo), seem to have ended.  Gonna hafta find another way or do it myself... I'm NOT a happy camper right now.  Shoulda ditched out at the first outage they claimed was a server reboot.  Grrrr.  Trust too much... hurt much more, later on.
legendary
July 10, 2014, 01:49:19 PM
They were gone. No sign of MyDailyCoin. After a lot of publicity and a daily regularity they gone. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. From MDC only one name: Girard Olivier. If it is a real name....
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
July 10, 2014, 05:21:35 AM
I'd give just about ANYTHING to have a US-based, 1%/day, investment site that backed up every dollar I had invested.  I'd throw every dollar I had at them.  I'd create such a site, myself, if I knew how to do arbitrage reliably and could find like-minded people in the US that could do this every day.  Why can't someone, who cares about their investors and not just themselves, do this?

Would you just give away the profit to random strangers if you knew of a way to earn a ton of money? Honestly?

If MDC is a Ponzi scheme, how can it even hold up?  If 10 people invest $100, they get $1/day.  But let's assume they all decide to release their principle and withdraw everything at the same time.  The scheme would fall apart INSTANTLY!  Because, if everyone's 1% is covered by the next person's deposit, everyone is $1 shorter every single day... EXCEPT the first person!  NO ONE else could ever release/withdraw everything.  The money wouldn't be there!  I've pulled EVERYTHING at least 3x now and never a single momentary hitch.

And in the mean time you and others have attracted a lot of new victims which pays for your "profits", and some have probably put all the money back into the ponzi. When you are no longer successful in doing this it will be closed down.
Pages:
Jump to: