Pages:
Author

Topic: myetherwallet hacks? WTF!!! - page 3. (Read 819 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
September 08, 2018, 01:30:55 AM
To avoid MyEtherWallet hacks, do not use it to check your tokens balance. You can you https://etherscan.io or https://ethplorer.io to check your tokens. Don't login your wallet on MyEtherWallet with your Private key or Mnemonic Phrase. Only use Metamask or Mist to connect with MyEtherWallet to send your token.
Activity: 203
Merit: 0
September 08, 2018, 01:23:14 AM
Myethwallet hacked. This hacker are dangerous now that they don't have respect for Blockchain technology again this the same way idex was hacked and I lost up to $1400 in a day. Let just trade with care
Activity: 298
Merit: 11
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 08, 2018, 01:10:45 AM
Yes it is an old trick. A lot of scammers used phishing sites to gather info of their victim and its still working until now. Avoiding it is as simple as bookmarking the websote. Dunno why others still fell for it. Maybe they are too comfortable and complacent on what they were doing and   doesn't pay attention on the URL.
Activity: 217
September 07, 2018, 09:47:10 PM
Yesterday I and your group also encountered this situation on ethplorer.io. If you check on etherscan it will be okay.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
September 07, 2018, 09:41:08 PM
These users should have been exposed to fraud if they were directed to another MyEtherwallet website, and they actually had to click the "Ignore" button to enter the site. Please ensure that Coindaily readers find this warning when visiting a site, to be careful and close the browser immediately.

As a result of the explosion of the crypto-economy, hackers became more aggressive, to anticipate this as well as the users using wallet hardware such as ledger.
Even though these service providers often try hard to secure many hackers, there is nothing 100% in the internet world.
Activity: 238
September 07, 2018, 09:40:26 PM
I think if the hackers don't have the private keys of those account, they can't hack the account. Some people put their private keys by mistake and that is the situation where the hackers can take the account of those people under their control.
Activity: 378
September 07, 2018, 09:32:23 PM
You should always be careful when entering myetherwallet address, that's why it's advised to go with Metamask.
Confused why some people not use Metamask, maybe they only want to do it with simple way. At least they should carefully when open myetherwallet with common way, always check website and if only want to see tokens inside it, we can use etherscan or ethplorer.
That is also what i am thinking. Why people not using this more safe method of accessing your tokens/coins. Maybe they have not learned the way to install it yet.
Activity: 298
Merit: 11
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 07, 2018, 07:49:43 PM
Yes it is an old trick. A lot of scammers used phishing sites to gather info of their victim and its still working until now. Avoiding it is as simple as bookmarking the websote. Dunno why others still fell for it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
September 07, 2018, 09:18:37 PM
The sad thing is my friend has so many tokens there, though the wallet has unlisted tokens, but he's even more afraid the scammers are watching the wallet in real-time and so can't send Eth into it to transfer the tokens out. He's so screwed.
Activity: 228
September 07, 2018, 07:46:13 PM
Nowadays everything is unsafe and that's the worst part of it! Many hackers tried to destroy our happiness and messing up with our life even our favorite wallet MEW is their target. So basically it's really sad.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500
September 07, 2018, 01:09:23 PM

As long as this problem of hacking exists, mainstream will not be achieved
Activity: 228
September 07, 2018, 01:03:46 PM
Okay, now I don't get what's frigging wrong with some guys hacking wallets with recently listed cryptos and sending eth and transferring them out??? That's a new low, or is it an old trick?
Yes, I do not know how those guys attacked and stole MEW's tokens and in fact, I did not have the expertise to judge that. But hacking MEW is real. Some of my friends also have this problem. However, it only happens in some MEW wallets. Be wary of the level of protection for your computer.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
September 07, 2018, 01:03:02 PM
This trick has been going on for quite some time. Unfortunately, many people are still being scammed. It got nothing to do with myetherwallet actually.
Activity: 27
September 07, 2018, 12:58:13 PM
Recently, my favorite wallet, MEW wallet, has become the main target of several recent burglary and hacking attempts. If you are currently still using MEW as your wallet, then you should confirm that you are using the correct URL. Make sure you also have MyEtherWallet Inc (US) on the left side of the URL in your current browser, because that is important later.
Activity: 26
September 07, 2018, 12:56:54 PM
Recently, my favorite wallet, MEW wallet, has become the main target of several recent burglary and hacking attempts. If you are currently still using MEW as your wallet, then you should confirm that you are using the correct URL. Make sure you also have MyEtherWallet Inc (US) on the left side of the URL in your current browser, because that is important later.
Activity: 321
September 05, 2018, 03:05:26 AM
there have been many cases like that, many of my friends who get such cases should not follow the order
copper member
Activity: 126
September 05, 2018, 03:02:01 AM
Okay, now I don't get what's frigging wrong with some guys hacking wallets with recently listed cryptos and sending eth and transferring them out??? That's a new low, or is it an old trick?

There are lots of suspicious computers and approaches everywhere in crypto world. That's why people are buying cold wallet.
But if you invest to Ruby-X, you don't need to worry about that. Ruby-X will use cold wallet like users can select the rate 70% to 100% of using cold wallet.
It is from the official Service which launches on 20 Sep! Check our website and get your own Ruby Smiley
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket
September 05, 2018, 02:57:55 AM
Hacks on tis platform are not so usual but of course they take place there. Despite on the fact that it is the one of most reliable wallet I think this hacks will be solved.
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
September 04, 2018, 05:17:37 PM
Always be very careful and vigilant when someone sending suspicious ETH address like blank or zeroes ETH address there is something fishy on that and never ever try to send if someone asking for a private key or someone asking for a gas. Some hackers are trying to attack the vulnerability of MEW site.

But people on this forum missing to check the phishing site or whether they are while they are looking to access their wallet. Moreover they have to use the public address alone to check the payment and any transaction which is moved out from the wallet.

Without that you blindly use the myetherwallet with the private key information means maximum time you will be have all possibilities to loose the fund from your wallet buddies.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
September 04, 2018, 05:07:48 PM
I didnt know this was possible, thanks for the heads up. Basically be careful with wallets even if you find their private address and especially if they have no ETH on their balance.
Pages:
Jump to: