Pages:
Author

Topic: Myetherwallet question - page 2. (Read 213 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 106
February 14, 2018, 02:18:01 PM
Sorry mate but MyEtherWallet doesn't provide the solution that you are asking for. Thus generation of 10 separate files is the only chose here.   
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
February 14, 2018, 01:55:59 PM
It is not possible to generate 10 ETH address in one file. If you do not want to handle 10 different files, you may want to consider getting a hardware wallet. You can use hardware wallet with MEW and there are more than 10 ETH address in hardware wallet.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
February 14, 2018, 01:53:37 PM
If I want to generate for example 10 Ethereum addresses and I want to use Myetherwallet , I have to create 10 different keystore/.json  files and then use these files to access each address separately? Because that seems insanely annoying, considering that in principle it's advice against re-using the same address, I would have a bunch of these files to store, each with their own password...

Can I just get a file that can work as a seed that can spawn a bunch of different addresses? for example, you can use electrum, and save a file that you can load in electrum and have access to as many addresses as you want, not only 1 address per file. Is there any wallet that does this?
I think metamask can do that for you, it is an extension of browser that lets you store or generate eth addresses along with their private keys and seed phrase, but imported private keys ones can't restore by phrase seeds so you need to generate all 10 private keys on the extension itself, I'm using it right now and it is safe and pretty convenient mostly if your going to trade on exchanges as most of them support metamask to integrate with trading some of them are IDEX and ED.
Activity: 28
Merit: 3
February 14, 2018, 01:45:49 PM
I found this site some time ago.
http://ebloc.cmpe.boun.edu.tr:3002
It generates bulk ethereum wallets.
As far as I checked it briefly, looks legit to me.
Please do a study yourself on the subject.
Maybe someone here has already used it? I haven't, I just remember stumbling upon it and bookmaking.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
February 14, 2018, 01:36:17 PM
And what will happen if I publish address wallet?
With it, you can not steal tokens.

one of the basics of cryptocurrencies is based on key pairs.
you have a secret key known as private key which you never share. and you have a public key which you can give to others.

public key is derived from the private key in a one directional operation which means you can simply find the public key from private key but the reverse (private key from public key) is practically impossible.

in simple terms no if you publish your address nobody can steal your tokens.
Activity: 320
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 01:11:20 PM
If I want to generate for example 10 Ethereum addresses and I want to use Myetherwallet , I have to create 10 different keystore/.json  files and then use these files to access each address separately? Because that seems insanely annoying, considering that in principle it's advice against re-using the same address, I would have a bunch of these files to store, each with their own password...

Can I just get a file that can work as a seed that can spawn a bunch of different addresses? for example, you can use electrum, and save a file that you can load in electrum and have access to as many addresses as you want, not only 1 address per file. Is there any wallet that does this?

Let me ask you about that! if Ethereum wallet of yours will get hacked and having only one file or private key. what will you do then?
everything with ethereum is kinda good now and more secure. Never public your main wallet address and put all your tokens there.
remember that just your eth address can see all your belongings in crypto.
And what will happen if I publish address wallet?
With it, you can not steal tokens.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
February 14, 2018, 12:17:16 PM

Let me ask you about that! if Ethereum wallet of yours will get hacked and having only one file or private key. what will you do then?
everything with ethereum is kinda good now and more secure. Never public your main wallet address and put all your tokens there.
remember that just your eth address can see all your belongings in crypto.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
February 14, 2018, 12:11:48 PM

No mew does not have this kind of functionalities, you will need to generate 10 different keystore
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
February 14, 2018, 12:08:19 PM

Pages:
Jump to: