Pages:
Author

Topic: Myethwallet - page 3. (Read 544 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
April 13, 2018, 05:47:00 PM
Is this good to store large amounts of crypto on if you use the ledger to unlock it?

According to my knowledge I think it's safe.

Because when you are creating a wallet by using mew, you have full control of that wallet. Just take care of your private key & JSON file.
I haven't used Ledger, but I heard that it is one of the safe hardware wallet, so it's a green signal.

edit: Beware of phishing attacks of mew. Check the domain carefully before creating your wallet.
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
April 13, 2018, 05:39:51 PM
Ledger is a good hardware wallet for crypto, it's recommended if you want to save your asset on it. But, I suggest you to spread them into the other wallet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
April 13, 2018, 05:37:39 PM
Is this good to store large amounts of crypto on if you use the ledger to unlock it?

Basically what you are doing is your private key is stored on your hardware wallet and NEVER leaves the device. As long as the hardware wallet is secured enough you should be fine. For extra security I wouldn't use the everyday OS for doing this, but will run through live OS on some linux distro.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
April 13, 2018, 05:28:28 PM
If I had large amount of crypto assets I would never store all of them in one place, even if it's a super safe hardware wallet. I would spread them among several online (hardware) wallets evenly, as I think it's the safest way to store your money. Otherwise, if you loose your wallet you loose everything.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
April 13, 2018, 05:23:48 PM
Pages:
Jump to: