Pages:
Author

Topic: Namecheap banning faucet ? Can you review please - page 2. (Read 1542 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
- snip -
We would like to underline that such an activity is prohibited by our Policies. You are welcome to refer to the evidences from the attached files.
- snip -

I took a look at the "Terms of Service" and the "Acceptable Use Policy" posted on the namecheap website, and I don't see anything that would prohibit faucets or bitcoin mining.

Did they provide you with an attachment in the email with evidence that the activity is prohibited?

Perhaps, take the word "faucet" off your website and let them know that you've changed the site.  Tell them it is no longer a "faucet", and that now it is just a simple "pay-per-click" advertising site?

it will affect the whole site and will have a bad result in Seo ,,, but I will keep at last resort
You might like to try BestHostFree.com. Our basic plan is free. It offers 1 GB space and 5 GB bandwidth per month. Once your faucet grows and you require more resource, you may seamlessly upgrade to paid plan using bitcoin. Many forum member have already tried our service. Once you try, you may share your experience here as well - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=617213.40.

I will consider your Startup Hosting Plan as a next move step if I get suspended in namecheap

Activity: 91
- snip -
We would like to underline that such an activity is prohibited by our Policies. You are welcome to refer to the evidences from the attached files.
- snip -

I took a look at the "Terms of Service" and the "Acceptable Use Policy" posted on the namecheap website, and I don't see anything that would prohibit faucets or bitcoin mining.

Did they provide you with an attachment in the email with evidence that the activity is prohibited?

Perhaps, take the word "faucet" off your website and let them know that you've changed the site.  Tell them it is no longer a "faucet", and that now it is just a simple "pay-per-click" advertising site?

it will affect the whole site and will have a bad result in Seo ,,, but I will keep at last resort
You might like to try BestHostFree.com. Our basic plan is free. It offers 1 GB space and 5 GB bandwidth per month. Once your faucet grows and you require more resource, you may seamlessly upgrade to paid plan using bitcoin. Many forum member have already tried our service. Once you try, you may share your experience here as well - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=617213.40.
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
search for lowendbox and rent a cheap vps, then forward the domain to that vps, if vps hosting is confusing to you, let me know and i can help
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
- snip -
- snip -

Your only other hope is to find someone on their staff that understands that a "faucet" is just a pay-per-click advertising site that happens to pay with bitcoins, and that mining is the process of repeatedly calculating a double-SHA256 hash of a bitcoin block header in an attempt to find a solution lower than the current difficulty.  If nobody on their staff is willing to discuss it with you, then you might just have to take your business elsewhere.
- snip -
- snip -

Honestly namecheap is not a good place to buy domain they have someterms  like that they are not allowing bitcoin mining related but faucet is not a bitcoin mining.. you can explain it will to them that your faucet is not mining site..

I did that i was arguing with them in that point but as you can read the message received ! they dont wanna get the difference
Activity: 78
I'm not a Namecheap customer

"A Bitcoin Faucet is nowhere near a kind of Bitcoin mining at all. A faucet donates small amounts of Bitcoins to newcomers. I'm not in violation of the AUP because I'm not doing anything related to bitcoin mining." If they persist ask them to pass to someone who actually understands Bitcoin. I would literally say that.

Bitcoin mining ("bitcoin miners") is forbidden by the AUP, I also took a while to see where Bitcoin was referenced:
https://www.namecheap.com/legal/hosting/aup.aspx

I would not follow the approach of saying it's not a "faucet" anymore, Namecheap is the one that has to end with their bullshit Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
Honestly namecheap is not a good place to buy domain they have someterms  like that they are not allowing bitcoin mining related but faucet is not a bitcoin mining.. you can explain it will to them that your faucet is not mining site..
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
There are a shitload of hostings around the interwebs, if they don't want your business just move to some other place.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
- snip -
- snip -

EDIT:  Thanks to Nixtren for linking to the AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) that specifically bans bitcoin mining.
Hi,

I have my faucet registered and hosted by their services and I have been in conflict with them since 3 days now

here is the last message I receive from them

Thank you for the reply.

Let us clarify that the bitcoin faucet is considered to be a kind of the bitcoin mining, since it is the way of gaining a cryptocurrency. We would like to underline that such an activity is prohibited by our Policies. You are welcome to refer to the evidences from the attached files.

Therefore, it is required to remove the content in question within the previously mentioned timeframe. Looking forward to hearing from you.

==================

How I'm suppose to response to such bullshit it's clearly an abuse of position

Any help or idea would be appreciated

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: