Pages:
Author

Topic: Namecoin miners, stand up and be counted! - page 4. (Read 22326 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Is there no gui client for the namecoin wallet like there is for bitcoin?  Or am I just confused about how to run it...?

I have namecoind running, but obviously, that's not a gui.  Tongue  Is namecoind the only thing available at this time?
No gui for now, but it's on the developper's todo list
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Is there no gui client for the namecoin wallet like there is for bitcoin?  Or am I just confused about how to run it...?

I have namecoind running, but obviously, that's not a gui.  Tongue  Is namecoind the only thing available at this time?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Still got an issue here whether I mine using namecoind.exe or guiminer (with phoenix), in that as soon as it starts hashing (using the CPU) my GPU hashing drops markedly. Think I'll stick with bitcoin mining for now Smiley
legendary
Ok I can pool mine ok now also using my CPU

thanks for replies Smiley                
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hi Oldminer,

Just use the normal miners you use for bitcoin GPU mining.

Read the top article and it's related articles for help.

http://www.bitcoin.co.za/
legendary
Ok got it up and running Smiley

\>namecoin\namecoind getinfo

"version" : 32150,
  "balance" : 0.00000000,
  "blocks" : 12654,
  "connections" : 8,
  "proxy" : "",
  "generate" : true,
  "genproclimit" : -1,
  "difficulty" : 15071.20565385,
  "hashespersec" : 4173746,
  "testnet" : false,
  "keypoololdest" : 1308133738,
  "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
  "errors" : ""

Looks like its using my CPU but my hash rate & GPU usage has dropped by about a 1/3 mining for Bitcoin?
legendary
Thanks for that

Ive got it configured using Phoenix (set to use CPU) but its just hanging on connecting.. Sad

I also read somewhere the port to use is 8334?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Ok I'll give it a go

Ive run namecoind under windows and opened another dos window and have downloaded all the blocks but now what? Ive taken a punt I need to run the getwork cmd but am I actually mining?

This is what I'm seeing:

c:\>Namecoin\namecoind getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 12628,
    "generate" : false,
    "hashespersec" : 0,

Also, how do u select the program to mine using the CPU instead of my video card?

Mining softare/config is the same as for BTC... check the forum for specifics: http://dot-bit.org/forum

with the phoenix miner connecting to the Bitpark pool, I have a bat file with:

phoenix.exe -u http://NFcqBy2wEnRKjBZZD5AGoTt37zwd5WrhLQ:[email protected]:9098/ -k poclbm BFI_INT VECTORS AGGRESSION=13 WORKSIZE=128 DEVICE=0 FASTLOOP=false

NFcqBy2wEnRKjBZZD5AGoTt37zwd5WrhLQ = needs to be your address
get that by entering at the command prompt: namecoind getgenerate
or namecoind getgenerate >> address.txt
which will place the address in a text file Smiley
password can be anything, it's not actually used

No idea about CPU... not good for mining, but I suppose if you use the -t flag you could use it alongside the GPU without affecting the GPU performance

Too bad the pool is down more than 50% of the time after people started bragging so much about how profitable it is to mine namecoins. Doesn't help that the price went down 35% the last few hours either.

Yeah, nightmare. Major waste of hash rate. Need more pools !

The mass of miners who joined up recently, now have 24 hours plus of coins, and they have obviously started to unload them.
legendary
Activity: 1284
Too bad the pool is down more than 50% of the time after people started bragging so much about how profitable it is to mine namecoins. Doesn't help that the price went down 35% the last few hours either.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I'm solo mining with some 2 GHash/sec (I've got my own private pool setup).
Been averaging only slightly above a block/day tho. Luck is a bitch.

legendary
Ok I'll give it a go

Ive run namecoind under windows and opened another dos window and have downloaded all the blocks but now what? Ive taken a punt I need to run the getwork cmd but am I actually mining?

This is what I'm seeing:

c:\>Namecoin\namecoind getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 12628,
    "generate" : false,
    "hashespersec" : 0,

Also, how do u select the program to mine using the CPU instead of my video card?
Soloing is viable, you should get 2 hits per day at 1550 MHashes.

That pool is VERY UNSTABLE!

Can't believe I'm only doing this now, had the idea a while back, should have just mined a few thousand!

BTW Who in this thread thinks it's ethical to delete the thread so we can mine on our lonesome?? Cheesy

Yeah, viable, but luck can be a bitch, as she was with me yesterday Sad

It's only been this last week, that you could be sure to sell all that you mined, and at the higher prices. I only jumped on board about a week and a half ago, after about a week of trialling it.

UNSTABLE... hell yeah... I've got over 3Ghash/s, but generally only shows as under 2Ghash/s on the pool Sad

No way to hide this from anyone now. The word is out.

I tried to keep it quiet for as long as possible, but then 2 days ago a Russian group found out that NMC was far more profitable (one days I made $1465!!), then they put the word out, and NMC mining just took off, thus resulting in a MAJOR increase in difficulty !!

Ofc with the current price increase NMC/BTC, 1550 Mhash/s = 2 blocks = 9 to 10 BTC per day

So, why the F is anyone still mining BTC !!!
Soloing is viable, you should get 2 hits per day at 1550 MHashes.

That pool is VERY UNSTABLE!

Can't believe I'm only doing this now, had the idea a while back, should have just mined a few thousand!

BTW Who in this thread thinks it's ethical to delete the thread so we can mine on our lonesome?? Cheesy
Does this calcualtor work for namecoin?

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

If it does I'm deleting this threat and heading west!!!!

Holy moley!

Yes, I just stuck in the current values, and they tally with my records of what I am currently getting.

We need more pools out there. I don't think the current pool is going to be able to handle the number of people coming over to NMC by the end of today, and the coming days.

getting a lot of disconnects and miner idle, thus not realising the true hash/s Sad pool can't handle the number of people, and soloing isn't viable, unless your have a LOT of miners or you are extremely patient.
Does this calcualtor work for namecoin?

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

If it does I'm deleting this threat and heading west!!!!

Holy moley!
Unfortunately the ONLY pool I'm aware of - with 3% fees and the same operator as the exchange.

Well, good time for someone else to make a pool, or even better if one or more of the BTC ones switches to NMC.

Jeez, gonna need it after today's 65% BTC mining difficulty increase.... BTC mining is so yesterday Wink

Ofc we still need people mining BTC... If BTC dies, then NMC will also die, as far as making money is concerned.

Crazy times, I was mining 100s of NMC per day up till yesterday, now less than 100, but I'm still making the same money !!!! amazing .... price escalation ftw !!!
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Unfortunately the ONLY pool I'm aware of - with 3% fees and the same operator as the exchange.
NMC can only be traded for BTC (would be nice if you could trade it for $ )

The price has skyrocketed... in 1 week it has increased 20 fold. It used to be 200 NMC = 1 BTC, now it is nearly 10 NMC = 1 BTC

NMC hoarders are creaming themselves with joy at the moment.

Very easy to trade:
https://exchange.bitparking.com/main

Forum
http://dot-bit.org/forum

Mining pool - not worth soloing any more, unless you have a LOT of miners
http://bitparking.com/pool
How do I trade NMC for BTC and how hard is it?
Activity: 154
Never mind, figured it out.
Pages:
Jump to: