Pages:
Author

Topic: NASDAQ vs BTC - page 2. (Read 6295 times)

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
September 02, 2013, 07:46:57 AM
well I dont really consider y2k a bubble
It was just people investing money in a new technology most didnt fully understand
some people invested in businesses that didn't even have a clear business plan
well everyones free to do what they want with their money
you earn some you lose some

It was a bubble. Anybody would tell you that.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
September 01, 2013, 10:23:25 PM
It was just people investing money in a new technology most didnt fully understand

People overinvesting in things they don't understand is pretty much what defines a bubble.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 01, 2013, 09:27:59 PM
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
September 01, 2013, 08:57:17 PM
This maybe have been posted before, if so sorry, but I thought it was pretty cool. Just happened to be explaining to my wife the NASDAQ Y2k bubble, and showed her the chart, and I knew it looked it looked familiar!

http://i44.tinypic.com/o6i5qt.jpg

The interesting part of the graphs you showed is that on second look you notice that the bitcoin price is actually a predictor of what comes next for the NASDAQ chart. The bitcoin chart shows a downtrend of red before recovering, and the NASDAQ chart hasn't yet reached that downtrend. Compare each rise and fall one by one to see what I mean.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
September 01, 2013, 03:42:18 PM
wait wait wait...  you have a wife? i thought all bitcoiners were nerds living in their moms basement like me.   Bitcoin has sure come a long way!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
August 31, 2013, 11:14:10 PM
This maybe have been posted before, if so sorry, but I thought it was pretty cool. Just happened to be explaining to my wife the NASDAQ Y2k bubble, and showed her the chart, and I knew it looked it looked familiar!

Pages:
Jump to: