Pages:
Author

Topic: Nearly 70% of Bitcoin users earn less than $100,000 annually - Coindesk - page 3. (Read 2680 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
Definitely not surprising. A large number of the Bitcoin users are in their teens or in early 20s. Most of them are either students, or working as freshers. So it is not surprising that the average salaries are quite low. And I've to add that $100,000 per year is huge salary outside the US and the EU. So almost all the Bitcoin users in Asia and the Latin America will come under this category.

Actually most people using it are not in their early 20's but early 30's

Between 25-34:
http://www.coindesk.com/new-coindesk-report-reveals-who-really-uses-bitcoin/

This also proves that guys between 25-34 earn less than 100.000$, which is funny because by this time you usually have many diplomas.

Maybe its not worth at all to do college, and just use bitcoin after you finish school!

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
are you surprised of this, basically many are poor guys that are looking for quick buck, others have just earned that quick buck, it seems that the already rich people are not interested too much in bitcoin, it could also be a reason why we are stuck with the current price

i presume the remaining 30% are early adopters(miners and buyers)
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Definitely not surprising. A large number of the Bitcoin users are in their teens or in early 20s. Most of them are either students, or working as freshers. So it is not surprising that the average salaries are quite low. And I've to add that $100,000 per year is huge salary outside the US and the EU. So almost all the Bitcoin users in Asia and the Latin America will come under this category.
The young ppl are usually technical fans and keen to learn and use bitcoin. From the long run, this group users will form a solid bitcoin supporters. Until they become old, whoever yong or old are all bitcoiners.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
http://www.coindesk.com/new-coindesk-report-reveals-who-really-uses-bitcoin/

Analysing nearly 4,000 responses received in Coindesk's multilingual survey, likely the largest in bitcoin's history, the 45-page report provides an in-depth look at who is using bitcoin, who isn't and why that matters.

But more than that, this report attempts to identify ways in which the community that uses the cryptocurrency can expand its reach, moving beyond the current demographic to new groups, with different cultures, economic status and needs.

While these figures reinforce the young, white, male stereotype, other findings – such as average income – are more surprising. The question of average earnings providing a very even split across all earning brackets. Those earning $50,000–$100,000 came top, at 23.9%. One in five said their household income was below $25,000.

...This is pretty interesting. I'd expect more bitcoin users to have higher annual income. But if this survey spans the globe, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.
Pages:
Jump to: