Pages:
Author

Topic: Necro-bumping to encourage members to return to a forum, - page 2. (Read 442 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 3911
A few days later, the 10th anniversary of this forum will come, I think theymos should do something because many old members will come back to the forum to celebrate that anniversary.
It is better to make some changes in the forum in the hope that they will continue to participate in this forum.
Overall, the discussions on Twitter look much better than the discussions here.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
It would be nice to know the exact reason why they've moved away from the forum. Whether that be because they've found an alternative like Reddit to discuss Bitcoin or if they genuinely got tired of Bitcoin. I imagine they still keep an eye on the forum, but not actively participating in discussion. Either way, a notification probably wouldn't pique many users interest, especially if the recent rise in Bitcoin hasn't.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
I know that you would only get notified if you activate the "Notify" button itself and send information towards the thread that you subscribed to. Maybe the easiest way to let someone remember the forum is to simply just message them directly, that way they could receive a sure email from BTCT and be notified. Maybe when theymos sends a message it would reach their interest.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
They usually drift away for a reason and notifications like that would be annoying imo. Good idea nevertheless.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
I've just received an email alert from a web hosting forum that I haven't visited for over 3 years. It claims to have been made in a thread to which I had subscribed. I tend not to subscribe to threads, as I am often a fairly prolific poster, but maybe this one slipped through the net. However, it did raise an interesting thought.

Bitcoin Talk has many valuable members who have drifted away from the forum, and I believe that the forum would be richer if they were encouraged to return. Would it be possible to use subscribed thread alerts ( where possible ) to pique their interest, and possibly return to contributing to the forum?
Pages:
Jump to: