Pages:
Author

Topic: Need help identifying wallet file from 2010 MS DOS mining! - page 2. (Read 391 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
It was mined with MS DOS, there was nothing to install at that time, just run commands and mine..

Was that even a thing? I always thought you needed the Bitcoin software installed (it was called Bitcoin-Qt at the time) to be able to solo mine on a PC.

Yes, you downloaded the files/zip folder with the programthen with cmd prompt you had to use commands to set it all up and mine.. it was all done in MS DOS
You would see on msdos: "Mining ..." then the bitcoin count that youve found further down or next to it.

In 30 minutes you could mine like 8 bitcoin with just a pny gtx9800
I was trying to make $100 a day at that time, bitcoin was 0.25 - 0.30 so that would be about $100 a day if I mined 24 hours but I couldnt play league of legends at the same time, it would stutter so I stopped mining.
Bitcoin trade was all done on the forums and paypal, the pizza guy times.

That's impossible you can't mine 12 BTC year 2010 because the reward you can get when mining with PC before per block is 50 so how its impossible that you can mine 12 BTC on that time?

Even the image you provided is not related to any crypto stuff so how can we identify which one is your Bitcoin wallet?
I can't find any files from that image it seems a related driver stuff or it's a virus.

Think I was using a pool, number of bitcoin would go 1... 2... 3... etc every few minutes and have "mining ..."
I cant post a screenshot with 3k files, thats just an example how all the files are showing.

What should I be looking for? Dont even know what kind of file was the wallet at that time.
I know that now its wallet.dat and its in app folder but back then there was no instalation.. it was just a folder with files and you run everything through cmd.
If only I could remember the pool I was using.. you would look on a list of pools and pick one to set it up.

Wish someone knew how to identify the wallet.

This thread is actually a lot like my situation: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-pools-in-2010-2011-5422772
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
That's impossible you can't mine 12 BTC year 2010 because the reward you can get when mining with PC before per block is 50 so how its impossible that you can mine 12 BTC on that time?

Even the image you provided is not related to any crypto stuff so how can we identify which one is your Bitcoin wallet?
I can't find any files from that image it seems a related driver stuff or it's a virus.
Activity: 994
Merit: 137
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
It was mined with MS DOS, there was nothing to install at that time, just run commands and mine..

Was that even a thing? I always thought you needed the Bitcoin software installed (it was called Bitcoin-Qt at the time) to be able to solo mine on a PC.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi everyone is there anyone here who could possibly help me identify a wallet mined with MS DOS in 2010 before bitcoin core existed, if you know you know.
I mined about 12 bitcoins but stopped cause I could play league of legends at the same time and it was worthless at that time.
When I sold my computer I backed up everything to a hard drive I still have it, but never cared about it..
After 14 years I just recovered all the data from it, but because the system was RAW all files came out unknown.. I know the wallet is one of them but I got about 3 thousand files

How can I possibly identify a bitcoin wallet file out of 3 thousand unamed files and most of them are given the wrong type of file too?
If anyone here knows what this is and how could I identify which file is the wallet, Id be more than willing to give you some of it.. got about 12 bitcoins that I mined in 30 minutes back then.

Heres a picture of the type of files I got recovered, roughly 3k of them:

https://i.imgur.com/K31PTiM.png

How do you guys identify which one is a bitcoin wallet?

Thanks in advance
Pages:
Jump to: