Pages:
Author

Topic: Need help! Onda D1800 BTC. Can’t get BIOS to display! - page 2. (Read 12163 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I have more than 100 D1800 boards running on my farms, and I upgraded their BIOSes days ago.
there are 3 BIOSes which you can download from their official website, the latest one is actually the VGA-display-only one, whatever kind of cards you plug on it, it will always output the signal by VGA, you should try it and it works like charm with KVM.
My rigs are on P104-100, P106-100, 5704, 5708, all of them are running perfectly with it.

Sorry for no support website in English.

http://www.onda.cn/MotherBoard_Supports.aspx?id=369

P.S. 3 BIOSes:
"默认打开PXE ROM 选项,修正WIN PE 兼容" means "opened PXE ROM option by default, fixed compatibility with WIN PE"
"更正上专业矿卡/带输出矿卡,板载VGA 无输出状况.更正上UEFI PXE 无盘,无法进系统问题。" means "fixed if video card installed/not installed, VGA doesn't work , fixed if no disk found in UEFI PXE, system halt."  <-- I think this is the problem you met.
"修正和VEGA SERIES 显卡兼容性问题" means fixed compatibility with VEGA series cards
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
I'm surprised as many people are having issues with it - I've got probably 100+ of them and haven't had a single issue so far.  Does it beep when it boots?  Prior to the bios being displayed, all of mine beep - so if you're not hearing that, it might not even be making it to the point that the video would be initialized.  You might also try forcing it to beep - normally if you boot with the memory removed, that will cause a POST beep to help you identify the issue, no post beep, then the board is probably no good.
Activity: 1
plug a monitor in vga. had same prob.
Activity: 3
Thanks for the suggestion - I tried the cmos clear button and still the same (non-)result. 

At this point I'm going to try another power supply, then just return the thing.  Thanks for the help!
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
That's great to hear!

I confirmed that I have the 1.3V DDR3L SODIMM 4GB RAM (I have two that I tried).
I got all 3 sata, 3 molex, 24pin mobo and 4pin power all plugged in.  When I turn on the cpu fan spins up (stays spinning) and the win10 usb boot thumb drive I have has the light on it turn on (although it stays on - no flashing like usual to indicate reading).

The keyboard also doesnt light up (caps lock and other lights dont flash) so I dont know if the usb's are initializing  correctly (odd that the usb drive light turns on, but the keyboard doesnt power).

Anyone know what the jumper settings can do with the 6 card Onda?

Hmm... there aren't any jumpers that need to be messed with, really. To clear the CMOS you press the button to the left of the ethernet/USB port housing; you might want to try that, actually (maybe a few times...).

That's great to hear!

I confirmed that I have the 1.3V DDR3L SODIMM 4GB RAM (I have two that I tried).
I got all 3 sata, 3 molex, 24pin mobo and 4pin power all plugged in.  When I turn on the cpu fan spins up (stays spinning) and the win10 usb boot thumb drive I have has the light on it turn on (although it stays on - no flashing like usual to indicate reading).

The keyboard also doesnt light up (caps lock and other lights dont flash) so I dont know if the usb's are initializing  correctly (odd that the usb drive light turns on, but the keyboard doesnt power).

Anyone know what the jumper settings can do with the 6 card Onda?
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Hey - did you ever get your Onda board to display (BIOS or via card)??

I just got mine - the cpu fan spins up, but I don't get any display (nothing from the onboard VGA port, or the 1060 GPU).  Im stuck!

I got mine (6 GPU version)) to work - it turns out the onboard VGA port is, in fact, the one you have to use (at least on initial setup). The other thing that is critical is you have to use a 1.35V DDR3L SODIMM. I booted a Win10 ISO from USB then installed to a spare 320GB HDD I had laying around gathering dust for the last 10 years... Surprised it worked, actually, but it does.

Hey - did you ever get your Onda board to display (BIOS or via card)??

I just got mine - the cpu fan spins up, but I don't get any display (nothing from the onboard VGA port, or the 1060 GPU).  Im stuck!
Activity: 6
I just set one up today  I made a usb stick with smos

I connected 3 molex
3 sata
a 24 pin
a four pin for cpu
I am using a 16gb usb 3.0 stick
and for now 2 1080 ti's

pretty much flawless and you don't need to

access bios it was set to boot with a usb stick and fire the board up

flashing bios was not the way to go.

or maybe you got a dude.

this board is really easy to do a 3 card well spaced 1080 ti build

What bios version do you have.

Don’t mean to sound like a noob but what is involved in setting up the usb stick. What exactly are you putting on it file wise.
Activity: 358
Merit: 255

I connected 3 molex
3 sata
a 24 pin
a four pin for cpu
and for now 2 1080 ti's

or maybe you got a dude.

What bios version do you have.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I connected 3 molex
3 sata
a 24 pin
a four pin for cpu
and for now 2 1080 ti's

or maybe you got a dude.

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
I don't have an Onda, but I assume it has a standard 12V input next to the CPU. Double check that connector and the PSU side if it's modular.

That's the number one thing that always gives me a black screen.
So do you see anything when you give it power?  It sounds like you must, otherwise there's nothing you could do related to creating a boot drive.  If you're seeing the BIOS and can go into it, then the BIOS is fine - it would report a checksum failure if it gets corrupted.

If you are *NOT* seeing anything on the screen, when you power it up is it powering up and initializing your USB devices?  For instance, can you hit caps-lock on your keyboard and does the LED turn on and off on your keyboard?  If so, then it's probably something wrong with the monitor you're using, or the VGA port on the board.  The default CMOS setting on the D1800 is for it to use the internal graphics processor, so even if you plug something into the PCIe slot, it's not going to use it (default is for miners, not users).  The downside of this is that if there is something wrong with the graphics portion on the motherboard, you're SOL.

Flashing the BIOS is the same as any other device, format a FreeDOS floppy and run the batch file from the zip you download off of their site.

I use a ton of these boards, and they're a solid workhorse - never really had any problems with them yet...

Okay, so my usb devices do not initialize when I turn the power on. The cpu fan turns on and any gpu I put in a pci-e slot powers up, but the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive and unpowered. My monitor recognizes that the power has been turned on but reads "no signal". The monitor works fine with everything else. So, I am assuming that there is either something wrong with the board or the PSU. I am not sure what is powered by the 24 pin connector directly vs all the SATA/Molex power supplies.

Nothing on my board works until the OS boots, and I mean windows 7 OS. When booting SMos I don't have console access, I can only manage Linux from SSH. I have only got an SSD to boot any OS.
My board behavior is very close to yours, it gives 1 beep and then boots from SATA (SSD OS drive).

If you don't get a beep, its not posting. This is most commonly a memory issue. The first memory module I used did this. I had to pull a module from my HP laptop which worked. Funny thing is both memory modules are the same spec, but different brands.
So do you see anything when you give it power?  It sounds like you must, otherwise there's nothing you could do related to creating a boot drive.  If you're seeing the BIOS and can go into it, then the BIOS is fine - it would report a checksum failure if it gets corrupted.

If you are *NOT* seeing anything on the screen, when you power it up is it powering up and initializing your USB devices?  For instance, can you hit caps-lock on your keyboard and does the LED turn on and off on your keyboard?  If so, then it's probably something wrong with the monitor you're using, or the VGA port on the board.  The default CMOS setting on the D1800 is for it to use the internal graphics processor, so even if you plug something into the PCIe slot, it's not going to use it (default is for miners, not users).  The downside of this is that if there is something wrong with the graphics portion on the motherboard, you're SOL.

Flashing the BIOS is the same as any other device, format a FreeDOS floppy and run the batch file from the zip you download off of their site.

I use a ton of these boards, and they're a solid workhorse - never really had any problems with them yet...

Okay, so my usb devices do not initialize when I turn the power on. The cpu fan turns on and any gpu I put in a pci-e slot powers up, but the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive and unpowered. My monitor recognizes that the power has been turned on but reads "no signal". The monitor works fine with everything else. So, I am assuming that there is either something wrong with the board or the PSU. I am not sure what is powered by the 24 pin connector directly vs all the SATA/Molex power supplies.
Ok, so I’m pretty good with Linux development programming so I wouldn’t think this would throw me for a loop. I unboxed  the motherboard and was pleasantly surprised that is had a upgrade. An onboard vga slot that the seller said it had not. Ok, I went ahead and inserted the appropriate Ddr3l ram and connected the 24 pin and four pin cpu connectors from the EVGA psu. I plugged my monitor into the vga and then turned the PSU on. The cpu I could hear powering up. But nothing is being displayed on the scree? Ism’t The BIOS preloaded? I tried to insert a graphi card after powering down and using the hdmi output to see if I could get videos. Power up, the GPU fans spins but still no graphicss to mod the BIOS. Is there something wrong with the board, or just me  Grin. I tried all sorts of configurations going as far Ass creating a boot drive for win 10. How can I tell if the BIOS is intact, and if. Or how do I flash the bios on this model

did you plug power into the sata and molex slots?

they need power

I plugged all the SATA ones in but not the molex. The molix says “power out” so I didn’t want to short circuited anything

yeah that is wrong .  they need to be plugged in.

just make sure  they are in the right direction.

and this shows  the onda b250  with  3 sata and 3 molex plugged in

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23791180

I am running them and I ordered 5 more.

Tell you what  when I get the next 5 on monday the 8th of Jan

I will show it to you.  or you could go to this thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sixth-alt-coin-thread-i-forgot-to-mod-last-thread-2138550

and look for it.

I killed my first 1800 board by putting the molex in upside down

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22933260

and here is one down correctly

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22938750

i had another one sent to me
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22966464

clear photo

Ok, so with everything plugged in it is still not working. I think it may have something to do with the 24 pin power. The USB ports aren’t providing power but the cpu fan is running, although fans for any gpu i plugg in run too. What is with the jumper pins next to the 24 pin power? Does this jumper need to be moved before operating board?
Activity: 184
Merit: 103
Ok, so I’m pretty good with Linux development programming so I wouldn’t think this would throw me for a loop. I unboxed  the motherboard and was pleasantly surprised that is had a upgrade. An onboard vga slot that the seller said it had not. Ok, I went ahead and inserted the appropriate Ddr3l ram and connected the 24 pin and four pin cpu connectors from the EVGA psu. I plugged my monitor into the vga and then turned the PSU on. The cpu I could hear powering up. But nothing is being displayed on the scree? Ism’t The BIOS preloaded? I tried to insert a graphi card after powering down and using the hdmi output to see if I could get videos. Power up, the GPU fans spins but still no graphicss to mod the BIOS. Is there something wrong with the board, or just me  Grin. I tried all sorts of configurations going as far Ass creating a boot drive for win 10. How can I tell if the BIOS is intact, and if. Or how do I flash the bios on this model

they need power

I plugged all the SATA ones in but not the molex. The molix says “power out” so I didn’t want to short circuited anything

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sixth-alt-coin-thread-i-forgot-to-mod-last-thread-2138550

and look for it.

clear photo

I have one of these boards coming for my 6 P106 mining cards currently running in a Rosewill mining server case, so what is the correct way to plug the molex connectors? Are they power out? Power in?

EDIT: Never mind, I read through some of the links you posted and found the answer.
Just an FYI: They released a bios that allows for 6 mining cards to run on this board, that does not error on no video. I have one of these with no video out and running 6 mining cards. It runs perfect with SMos, but only from an SSD. I have not found a way to get into the bios to setup boot from USB. The only thing I can think to do is boot from SSD and run an auto flash .bat to flash back to an older bios.
Bios version 202.rar (OBTBTC22.bin) will not show the bios at boot, but will now run 6 mining cards.

How do I know this, I flashed my board with OBTBTC22.bin.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

they need power

and look for it.

clear photo

Ok, so I’m pretty good with Linux development programming so I wouldn’t think this would throw me for a loop. I unboxed  the motherboard and was pleasantly surprised that is had a upgrade. An onboard vga slot that the seller said it had not. Ok, I went ahead and inserted the appropriate Ddr3l ram and connected the 24 pin and four pin cpu connectors from the EVGA psu. I plugged my monitor into the vga and then turned the PSU on. The cpu I could hear powering up. But nothing is being displayed on the scree? Ism’t The BIOS preloaded? I tried to insert a graphi card after powering down and using the hdmi output to see if I could get videos. Power up, the GPU fans spins but still no graphicss to mod the BIOS. Is there something wrong with the board, or just me  Grin. I tried all sorts of configurations going as far Ass creating a boot drive for win 10. How can I tell if the BIOS is intact, and if. Or how do I flash the bios on this model

And what kind of memory is used? Recommended 1.35V
CMOS dumped?
[/quote

I do have the correct memory
Ok, so I’m pretty good with Linux development programming so I wouldn’t think this would throw me for a loop. I unboxed  the motherboard and was pleasantly surprised that is had a upgrade. An onboard vga slot that the seller said it had not. Ok, I went ahead and inserted the appropriate Ddr3l ram and connected the 24 pin and four pin cpu connectors from the EVGA psu. I plugged my monitor into the vga and then turned the PSU on. The cpu I could hear powering up. But nothing is being displayed on the scree? Ism’t The BIOS preloaded? I tried to insert a graphi card after powering down and using the hdmi output to see if I could get videos. Power up, the GPU fans spins but still no graphicss to mod the BIOS. Is there something wrong with the board, or just me  Grin. I tried all sorts of configurations going as far Ass creating a boot drive for win 10. How can I tell if the BIOS is intact, and if. Or how do I flash the bios on this model

they need power

Pages:
Jump to: