Pages:
Author

Topic: Need Help Please, I think this guy SCAM ( fool me ) .. - page 2. (Read 2273 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
serotin

Activity: 70

Minning powa

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: -6: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
(No subject)
« Sent to: ironmask on: Today at 07:46:09 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
i can help you out with the problem
give me the private key and your permanent wallet adress,i will transfer them to your main wallet

Why you PM me, help with on public area please, i will appreciated

Well at least you know not to fall for that business.

Okay, let's figure out what's happening here. Give us the address in question. This is the PUBLIC one — technically, when we say address we mean the hashed and Base58-encoded version of the public key. These are the same thing, just displayed differently. Assuming you received it in a normal format (and you must have, because you imported it into a blockchain.info wallet, which only accepts major formats), you're looking for a string of characters beginning with 1, no less than 27 characters long, and no more than 34.

My forum address has a few vanity characters at the front, and looks like this: 1FENiXqLFhJQeoMA5rVAGXGjTgHgSNz7Sc

As you noticed, multiple people can look at the contents of an address at the same time without any effect on the control of it. This is what I intend to do: look at it and make sure there are really coins there, and see if there are any wacky requirements on the last spend that would prevent you spending them (very unlikely).

This is his wallet address

https://blockchain.info/address/1FYMZEHnszCHKTBdFZ2DLrUuk3dGwYKQxh

and the private key

5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu**k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsreAbuat**

So he give me the QR Code of private key.
But i think the address he give to me is the  default address when open account on blockchain, so actually the empty wallet but he already  have some another wallet that have coins inside. So when i  scanned and import the private key its appear 2.279 BitCoin.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I am Citizenfive.
serotin

Minning powa

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
(No subject)
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete  
give me the private key and your permanent wallet adress,i will transfer them to your main wallet

Well at least you know not to fall for that business.

Okay, let's figure out what's happening here. Give us the address in question. This is the PUBLIC one — technically, when we say address we mean the hashed and Base58-encoded version of the public key. These are the same thing, just displayed differently. Assuming you received it in a normal format (and you must have, because you imported it into a blockchain.info wallet, which only accepts major formats), you're looking for a string of characters beginning with 1, no less than 27 characters long, and no more than 34.

My forum address has a few vanity characters at the front, and looks like this: 1FENiXqLFhJQeoMA5rVAGXGjTgHgSNz7Sc

As you noticed, multiple people can look at the contents of an address at the same time without any effect on the control of it. This is what I intend to do: look at it and make sure there are really coins there, and see if there are any wacky requirements on the last spend that would prevent you spending them (very unlikely).
Thanks for the feedback,

I am sure that i imported the private key,  I used scan private key from the Blockchain wallet on Galaxy4.  after i imported , i got the coin just can spend it.

So i trying again create new account  on blockchain.info. And imported again. Now i have two account and all have same amount, thats suprise me that two account can have same wallet address. But both of them cannot be spend. Confusing ..

Bitcoins are held in the private key, not in the account.

Ask him to send the BTC to your own address. Otherwise ask for your money back.

yes he gave me the private key, just curious maybe the private key already passworded
serotin

Minning powa

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
(No subject)
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Thanks for the feedback,

I am sure that i imported the private key,  I used scan private key from the Blockchain wallet on Galaxy4.  after i imported , i got the coin just can spend it.

So i trying again create new account  on blockchain.info. And imported again. Now i have two account and all have same amount, thats suprise me that two account can have same wallet address. But both of them cannot be spend. Confusing ..

Bitcoins are held in the private key, not in the account.

Ask him to send the BTC to your own address. Otherwise ask for your money back.
Thanks for the feedback,

Activity: 364
I am Citizenfive.
Yes already, now in my blockchain wallet i have two address, my own address, and the address of Bitcoin Seller

If using blockchain.info, generate a new address, therefore one which only you control, and send the coins you received to it. If you can do this, you're okay.

If you cannot move the coins, it is because you have imported a public key which is for your purposes the same as an address. You must import the private key. If you only received one string of letters / one QR code, and you cannot do anything but look at it, yes, it would appear you may have been had.
Yes already, now in my blockchain wallet i have two address, my own address, and the address of Bitcoin Seller
Activity: 280
Hi Lucky,

Yes  the coin still on my wallet , but i cannot make to move  or  to spend it, there always has warning. ' Invalid signature '

Have you tried to import the private key?
Hi Lucky,

Yes  the coin still on my wallet , but i cannot make to move  or  to spend it, there always has warning. ' Invalid signature '
Activity: 280
Good lord!

He gave you a private key that he still has access to. Next time have the coins sent to your wallet immediately during the sale.

Are the coins still at the address?
Hi All,

Could somebody help me ?

I traded  2.1 BTC with someone with Cash in IDR ( there's still few BitCoin  market in my country ), everything seem ok. And after i have deal and transfer the money, instead the sending the BTC to my wallet, he give me private key  to be scaned on the blockchain wallet.  He said to make no fee transaction, i accepted his argue. So i scanned and import it, and i can see my wallet has been added with the 2.1 BTC.  But there's problem when i trying to move the BTC to my empty wallet it always have warning ' invalid signature ' and i cannot move the BTC. Then he said should wait for 24 hour before can spend it. But it not gonna make it.

So could somebody explain,  if this guy trying go fool me ??

Thanks,
Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: