Pages:
Author

Topic: Need help to not lose bitcoins - page 2. (Read 1871 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
September 12, 2012, 12:09:06 AM
The coins don't have to arrive in your wallet.dat.  They just need to get listed in the public blockchain.

As long as you have a backup of your wallet.dat, you're fine.  Go ahead and update to the latest.

You can also download a recent blockchain here:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/blockchain/

However, make sure you run with -rescan the first time so it'll find your coins.

Edit: fixed URL
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 12, 2012, 12:05:04 AM
Hi there!

I use to mine bitcoins for a while with EclipseMC and I had about 37 BTC stored in my account there.  Well I was going to cash them out, but accidentally hit the cash out button sooner than I meant to and they were sent to my address.

Well it has been a very long time since I used my bitcoin wallet and so the blockchain it has is very outdated.  I currently have it updating the blockchain, but it has been running for 24 hours and still has about 10,000 blocks to go.  And it's getting slower the closer it gets.  I'm only getting about 8-9 connections and the version I'm using is 0.3.23-beta.  I know I need to update the version, but I'm worried that I'll lose my address and the transaction that's in progress.  Btw, I've already backed up my wallet.dat, but I don't think it will do much good since my bitcoins have not arrived yet.

Is there any way to speed up the updating of the blockchain?  (I did the port-forwarding for the firewall, but I'm not exactly sure if I did it correctly.)
Pages:
Jump to: