Pages:
Author

Topic: Need help trading, suffered big loss! - page 3. (Read 2036 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
November 10, 2013, 12:58:33 PM
1. don't ever listen to the btc-e trollbox
2. Bitcoin has always trended upwards in the long run, so holding onto your bitcoin will likely save you from short term losses.
3. Bitcoin has spikes where everyone thinks it is going to 10x in a month, it won't

So, when bitcoin hasn't changed price for a few days: buy some, hold... sell when you would be happy with the profits.

Thanks for your reply, I will surely follow your advice, but in the meantime, is there any easy way to read and interpret financial charts and indicators?

When presented with these charts, I really have no idea what I'm supposed to take into consideration with regards to wether it is an appropriate time/price to buy or sell.

If you do not believe in the success of bitcoin and your only goal is to have a fast profit in day trading, then you are on your own.

If you do believe in the success of bitcoin, then buy and hold.

In my opinion, believe is irrelevant, I mean, I do share the conviction that bitcoin will become increasingly more successful in the future, but obviously I'm looking at it more as a short/medium term financial investment, where I can achieve some profit by purchasing cheap bitcoins and selling them at a higher price.

The thing is that I don't have any trading knowledge and experience and I would like to know how to learn to read financial indicators rather than be influence by some trolls panicking in the btc-e chat board.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
November 10, 2013, 12:52:42 PM
It's only going to get harder to produce bitcoins so I'm not sure why people panic sell.

Even if you could buy a 50Gh/s BFL Miner today (which you can't, there's a long wait) it would take 143days to make a return at BTC $400.

It might help if instead of 1 Bitcoin you think of it as 100,000,000 Satoshis!  Wink
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
November 10, 2013, 12:49:06 PM
1. don't ever listen to the btc-e trollbox
2. Bitcoin has always trended upwards in the long run, so holding onto your bitcoin will likely save you from short term losses.
3. Bitcoin has spikes where everyone thinks it is going to 10x in a month, it won't

So, when bitcoin hasn't changed price for a few days: buy some, hold... sell when you would be happy with the profits.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
November 10, 2013, 12:42:49 PM
Hello, I started trading yesterday, I purchased 1 bitcoin from localbitcoins @ $325 and sent it to btc-e, I was waiting for an increase in market capitalization, given that the bitcoin went so high this last week, and I was expecting to sell my bitcoin @ $400+.

Today the price started to fall, and some users on the btc-e chat started mentioning that the bitcoin was going to crash to about $100, in panic I sold my bitcoin @ $275.

I don't have a lot experience trading, how can I know with a minimal amount of conviction in which direction the price is going to move in short and long timescales, can anyone show me the way not to make such a stupid trade again?
Pages:
Jump to: