Pages:
Author

Topic: Need help with bitcoin seed phrase recovery using 3rditeration BTCrecover - page 2. (Read 333 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 19
Back in late 2011 I got some bitcoin from New Liberty Standard. After researching the best way to put my coins in cold storage I resorted to using Electrum in Jan 2012 to verify my coins using an offline watching wallet. I then made a BIP 39 12 word mnemonic seed phrase. I also added more coins to the address but never verified and basically left it alone for years.

I created a txt file with the seed phrase but some of it got corrupted. Fortunately I stumbled across 3rditeration BTCrecover, who confirmed I am well within the recovery parameters as I am only short 3 words. I got a good guess as to what they might be but I'd rather deal in certainties.

I installed all the necessary software on a decent setup, got it up and running on a 44 core, 40 gb ram system and after testing, I have 24 workers available. My problem is I need to narrow down the search parameters otherwise I may be left with hundreds of billions of possibilities. I'm probably doing things wrong.

I was tinkering around with the seedlist/token file approach using symbols like "^ +" but it didn't like what I gave it to chew on. I'm also not sure of the derivation path let alone some of the commands I should pursue in my working argument for cmd line

Here is the situation with my 12 word bip39 seed phrase

The first 2 words are known and are a lock

I only know one of the the next 4 words and not sure which of the 3rd or 4th position the known word fits

the 7th and 8th are known but not sure of their exact position

same for the 9th and 10th

The last 2 words are known and are a lock

I know I'm close to having a breakthrough. If anyone out there is reading this and sees any possible methods of resolution, I'm here until this gets done.
Pages:
Jump to: