Pages:
Author

Topic: Need some schooling advice - page 3. (Read 523 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 1
Just this one nyc guy in the crypto world
February 12, 2018, 03:44:07 AM
I think it's better to think about your education previously and then about work. Work and real experience are great but education is very important too. I think you should prioritize steps of your life and estimate your abilities. Will it be possible for you to manage with your school and work? A wise person is one who knows how to competently assess his capabilities
I kinda have a this mentality right now that i think there if i do things differently it may have a better long term payout in terms of value of time. But i get what your saying, there is no way i can manage school and work at the same time, tested it out. Didnt work out well.
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 03:40:28 AM
I think it's better to think about your education previously and then about work. Work and real experience are great but education is very important too. I think you should prioritize steps of your life and estimate your abilities. Will it be possible for you to manage with your school and work? A wise person is one who knows how to competently assess his capabilities
Activity: 53
Merit: 1
Just this one nyc guy in the crypto world
February 12, 2018, 03:26:53 AM
I Live in NYC and im a sophomore in high school.

Basically, my real goal in life is to become a successful entrepreneur or a businessman/salesman. My grades in school arent the best and to be honest i know that getting a high school diploma is the bare minimum that i need. I had a decent part time job that paid $11 an hour now it is $13 an hour because of ny minimum wage however i had to recently quit it to give a little bit more effort in school. My idea is that i would switch out traditional high school for online highschool. My reasoning would be that the courses would be easier and i could finish my highschool diploma faster. Also if i were to do it, i could work 5 hours a day at my part time and make over 30-40k in the next two year of "highschool". Makes sense or no, i do not need the money, but it would certianlty help if i were to open a business. Also both traditional and online can still lead me to a college in worst case scenario. 
Pages:
Jump to: