Pages:
Author

Topic: Need your advice please - page 2. (Read 2265 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
September 28, 2013, 02:47:00 AM
Im thinking of sinking 2.5k into buying BTC. I know you cant tell for sure but do you think its a good idea?

Sure you can, that is not much money, just do it. If you have experince in investing in STOCK , FUTURE or FOREX, that will be great for you to purchase it and speculate it, maybe you will get more than 2.5k after.  Just my personal opinion for your reference!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 27, 2013, 10:32:48 PM
If you can afford to lose it all...then sure I suppose you could. But that is your decision.
He won't lose all, with all the money currently in circulation and milions invested in hardware, even if the market plummets btc won't reach 0$, . On the other hand BTC is going up every year so I'm really positive about it. With current economy he's better off with BTC than bonds for instance. My yearly BTC investments bring me at least 20x more than a bank deposit would.

I actually disagree with this assessment. The investment in BTC at this point is pretty much binary; it's either worth more than the current price or (at some point in the future) it is worth nothing. The more we feel that the latter will not happen, the closer to the true price of the former BTC will reach.

There are a few events that could make BTC plummet to the relative worth of other trash altcoins, like a 50% attack, a replacement cryptocurrency, or regulatory pressure that pushes speculators out of their coins. I'm not saying that any of these are particularly likely outcomes, but it is possible that your investment becomes worth nearly 0.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
September 27, 2013, 02:07:33 PM
If you can afford to lose it all...then sure I suppose you could. But that is your decision.
He won't lose all, with all the money currently in circulation and milions invested in hardware, even if the market plummets btc won't reach 0$, . On the other hand BTC is going up every year so I'm really positive about it. With current economy he's better off with BTC than bonds for instance. My yearly BTC investments bring me at least 20x more than a bank deposit would.
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303
September 27, 2013, 11:04:30 AM
If you can afford to lose it, then yes.  Many believe that bitcoin's future is something of a binary proposition:  it will either succeed wildly or will completely fail with little in between.  Likewise, many people believe in the "succeed wildly" scenario for many, many reasons, but that is no guarantee since no one really knows. 

You can view it as a lottery ticket that seems right now to have pretty good odds for paying off quite well over the long term.

Im thinking of sinking 2.5k into buying BTC. I know you cant tell for sure but do you think its a good idea?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 27, 2013, 05:21:59 AM
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
September 27, 2013, 04:54:19 AM
If you just do a speculation, now is not proper to do that.

Or if you want to invest in bitcoin, then just do it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
September 26, 2013, 10:35:42 AM
Do it.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
September 26, 2013, 09:52:41 AM
If it's money you can afford to lose then yes. Otherwise, think again.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
September 26, 2013, 09:41:52 AM
If you have to ask, the answer is no.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
September 26, 2013, 09:33:11 AM
Pages:
Jump to: