Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario ran his payment script twice - page 2. (Read 1979 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
October 19, 2012, 02:04:38 AM
Anyone who doesn't return coins that do not belong to them deserves a scammer tag.  It's theft, plain and simple.

Yes, by all means let's expand the definition of scammer until it includes everyone who ever did anything wrong.   Roll Eyes

Why should words have meaningful, fixed definitions when our emotional need to express condemnation by any means available is so strong?  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

On the other hand, maybe everyone who advocates a scammer label for things not involving actual scams should themselves be labeled as a scammer...   Huh
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 19, 2012, 02:02:43 AM
Does ultimate responsibility lie in the hands of the accountant at GLBSE? If too many coins are never returned, it's not like responsibility for the shortages lies on those that got double paid.

Right? Wrong?

In a "normal" situation, the business would pay out of its own funds and then seek recovery of the over-payments by legal means (they can't just reverse them like a conventional financial institution) or write it off.  In this situation, who knows whether GLBSE has the funds to cover the short-fall or sufficient information to pursue people legally even if they wanted to try to pursue the recovery of an equivalent fiat value through small claims (which I assume they don't want to given Nefario's fear of legal scrutiny).

If it was me, I'd probably keep the 10% and return the rest eventually but I'd let Nefario sweat for a few days first.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
October 19, 2012, 01:57:45 AM
Anyone who doesn't return coins that do not belong to them deserves a scammer tag.  It's theft, plain and simple.

I cant blame them if they keep the 10% Nefario hasnt paid yet.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
October 19, 2012, 01:54:55 AM
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 19, 2012, 01:35:02 AM
Does ultimate responsibility lie in the hands of the accountant at GLBSE? If too many coins are never returned, it's not like responsibility for the shortages lies on those that got double paid.

Right? Wrong?
October 19, 2012, 01:33:01 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm F5ing the return address like a motherfucker.  I think this is totally hilarious.

I see one of the two repayments didn't make it back ENTIRELY.

Suddenly the anonymous angry ignored treated-frankly-poorly mob have the power.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 19, 2012, 01:30:15 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm F5ing the return address like a motherfucker.  I think this is totally hilarious.
October 19, 2012, 01:11:23 AM
Folks got over paid and Nefario requests the coins to be returned. Do the receivers of the overpayment have a moral responsibility to return them, or is this fate giving his customers a chance to compensate themselves for the disrespectful customer service they have received?

edit: nice delete forums poster gweedo

Can the FUD please stop it is annoying and no one is going to believe you anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: