Pages:
Author

Topic: Negative trust for bad posting. - page 3. (Read 807 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
January 24, 2019, 10:34:59 AM
Well it is more work for the mods, and unless the guy gets an explanation, then he won't know what he did wrng, and may even start a thread on the Meta board.

Hopefully this action may serve as a warning to other newbies. I can always remove it if he contacts me, or if people think it is not a good thing for me to do.

Report to moderators and/or send a PM to the user explaining what they did wrong. I think it's not a good thing for you to do Smiley
Activity: 34
Merit: 18
January 24, 2019, 10:25:23 AM
Negative trust is not really necessary. What if the quote was just a mistake by the newbie?
Imagine someone carrying a "trade with caution" tag for the rest of his time in this forum just because of a quoted post.  Undecided

Come on, I think reporting to a mod would be more appropriate.
legendary
Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276
Heisenberg Design Services
January 24, 2019, 10:19:45 AM
Well, your negative trust has nothing to do with his account considering he is a newbie. But both Negative and Positive Trust is not meant for that. Just quoting the post and shitposting doesn't mean that you don't trust him. So, if you see a quality poster will you trust him?

As the trust quote says,
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
What did he actually do? Did he scam anyone or has he traded with you and you don't trust him?

We should give time for newbies to use this forum and understand how it works. Even though he may be a legendary guy, you should not distrust him. Trust is not meant for that.

Regarding spams, I report and mod removes those posts. If the user repeats that, I always PM them stating that they are spamming. Some have realized those and started posting meaningful.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114
January 24, 2019, 10:18:30 AM
I see that often when i am on the Report Mission that Newbies or most times Bots quote just the opening post !

I report them to the Mod and they get deleted !

If they feel misunderstanded and they are a real user they will ask way the post was removed.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
January 24, 2019, 10:17:46 AM
Insubstantial or low quality posts are not related to trust.  I get that we're still finding our way with the new DT system, but some of this stuff is fairly self-explanatory:

Breaking forum rules = report to mod

Dishonest conduct = trust

If you want to give them some pointers on their posting habits, a private message would be best.  They're more likely to see it that way.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
January 24, 2019, 10:16:50 AM
Well it is more work for the mods, and unless the guy gets an explanation, then he won't know what he did wrng, and may even start a thread on the Meta board.

Hopefully this action may serve as a warning to other newbies. I can always remove it if he contacts me, or if people think it is not a good thing for me to do.

I don't understand any of that logic.
Being in Default Trust and red tagging newbies because you find them
annoying
is not the way to go. IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
January 24, 2019, 10:13:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
January 24, 2019, 10:09:59 AM
I've just given this guy negative trust for bad posting.
... Do you think that negative trust is an extreme penalty?

Yes.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
January 24, 2019, 10:08:55 AM
Don't do that. Whenever you see one of these use the report to moderator button.

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114
January 24, 2019, 10:08:06 AM
I would just report the post even he has that one only done !

Maybe a Bot or newbie how dont know all !

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
January 24, 2019, 10:05:19 AM
I've just given this guy negative trust for bad posting.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=2534030

What he did was to make a post which was solely a quote of the opening post, and not adding any comments whatsoever.
Quote abuse like this is so annoying, and it is destructive to the forum in my opinion. Do you think that negative trust is an extreme penalty?
Pages:
Jump to: