Author

Topic: [NemosMiner] multi algo profit switching NVIDIA/CPU miner - page 175. (Read 289447 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
FWIW to everyone:

Sometimes profit switching mining earned more.

When the market went into serious flux, mining one algo definitely earned more over time.

So with a grain of salt, do some tests under varying market conditions and form your own result as I have.

Each method has its place......  for varying reasons.
Nemosminer did really well again a couple of days ago during that mini pump with SIGT going up.
Now I'm mining straight ZEC as the auto-switcher struggles again.
Maximising profits is really about being on the ball at all times. Can't win them all, but you can manage fairly well by monitoring the markets.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Skunk algo %10 - %20 reject last 2 days.  Does not validate cpu error.
if you are overclocked/underclocked;  could be why.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
how you choose GPU for mining?

it isn't easy, but...

you can add " -d 0,1,2" to algorithm command lines for the various versions of ccminer, each of which you have to set manually, each of which can be found in the "Miners" folder and edited via Powershell.

for EWBF, you need to set it as "--cuda-devices 0 1 2" with each integer being one of your devices, starting at 0

oh man im really appreciate in last 3 weeks i asked 100 times no one answer me
it was really helpful , i wanted to disable my GTX 760 because had a problem with some algorithm and stopped my mining and i had to disable my graphic card to make mining work
THANK YOU!!
Activity: 23

it isn't easy, but...

you can add " -d 0,1,2" to algorithm command lines for the various versions of ccminer, each of which you have to set manually, each of which can be found in the "Miners" folder and edited via Powershell.

for EWBF, you need to set it as "--cuda-devices 0 1 2" with each integer being one of your devices, starting at 0
Activity: 41
Activity: 23
Hiya Nemo/minerx117:

Thank you for your hard work. I want to know if this workaround will work for me.

I run 4 1080 Tis in my rig. I prefer Alexis 7.5 CUDA ccminer for many algorithms. We all know its limitations.

So, for fastest switching, I run one Nemosminer program for GPU 0 and 1, and another Nemosminer program for GPU 2 and 3. At first I thought it worked very well.

However, it messes up benchmarks when a Nemosminer reads the data from the wrong ccminer.

Please let me know if this would work:

After benchmarking each program SEPARATELY (very important, do NOT run both Nemos at same time to benchmark), I add this to all algorithm command lines in Miners folder:

Nemosminer 1: -b 127.0.0.1:4070

Nemosminer 2: -b 127.0.0.1:4071

Would this solve my problem? No more reading port 4068, so no more updating benchmarks? Benchmarks stay accurate, and fast switching means more profit?
Activity: 838
Merit: 500
So I use Nemos with the HashRefinery pool. I will install a second and third GPU next week. Is there something I need to modify/tweak or will Nemos just mine with all GPUs on thesame algo?
Thanks for the time folks. Appreciate it.

How did you manage to change the pool? Are there other pools compatible with this software?
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
So I use Nemos with the HashRefinery pool. I will install a second and third GPU next week. Is there something I need to modify/tweak or will Nemos just mine with all GPUs on thesame algo?
Thanks for the time folks. Appreciate it.
Activity: 194
Merit: 12
Trust me. I'm a holder.
Skunk algo %10 - %20 reject last 2 days.  Does not validate cpu error.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
FWIW to everyone:

Sometimes profit switching mining earned more.

When the market went into serious flux, mining one algo definitely earned more over time.

So with a grain of salt, do some tests under varying market conditions and form your own result as I have.

Each method has its place......  for varying reasons.
Activity: 5

no... im no going to make it work off hour averages or 24hour averages   its works off the realtime stats...

i recommend letting benchmark complete, then edit start.bat and change (-Interval 90   to  - Interval 300)  thats how i get the best results out of it...
[/quote]

Please tell me the value of speed in the process are updated in the statistics and counted in the next interval the re-scan or just the initial test speed taken into account ?
What are the optimal settings for initial test interval ?
What settings are optimal then put obynochny to work program ?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Antivirus detected Win64/Coinminer.BB. does it harmful?

Most AVs tag miners as viruses. There is no malicious code in these scripts, it is safe.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I happen to find this miner extremely useful and profitable, probably the most profitable I have tried so far. Granted, I have only been doing this for about two years, but I've tried many different algo switching miners and with a few tweaks, this code is almost perfect.

Nemo, one thing I noticed is the Lyra benchmark is off. It shows a much higher hashrate than what is actually possible with the hardware provided. I think I saw this issue mentioned in past posts, and I though it to be fixed in the last release, but it's still off. This throws off everything, so I had to manually change the benchmarked values, or just disable Lyra.

Thanks for the work Nemo! We appreciate it.
Activity: 5
Antivirus detected Win64/Coinminer.BB. does it harmful?
Don't get me wrong, Nemo, I'm not criticising at all, just making pertinent observations and sharing experience and opinions. After all, that's what these forums are for.

For now I'm back to mining dgb but that might very well change again later.

Keep chugging all!
Activity: 728
Merit: 256
NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
thanks for your Opinion dragonmike

go mine DGB then...  some of us are Lazy and don't like dealing with exchanges.. i am one off those people thats why i made this, to get paid straight to my BTC wallet...  you can usually always make more if your mine coins and exchange them yourself.... plus i got tired of trying to keep up with new coins and algo's so if something like bitcore or skunk has a big run for 24 hours and im away on work my rigs will automatic switch and mine them...   at the end of the day it is up to you, if you have better luck mining straight DGB then mine Straight DGB...

Best Regards
Nemo
There is predictive work involved, sure. But face reality: if a multi-algo-switching miner cannot outperform mining a single coin in 66% of market conditions, it has no reason to be.
Where does this strange 66% come from? Is your take away, there are 3 possible outcomes (rise, fall and stay the same) and they are all equally probable? That's quite wrong and it also doesn't consider what are the possible losses and gains and how much they impact your profits.
I think you are obviously ignoring other effects impacting the profitability of mining. It's not only the price at the exchange. There are things like drops in difficulty which make mining at least short term more profitable.
Of course I'm simplifying the probabilities. But I was hoping you'd get the bulk of the message:

Difficulty arb doesn't guarantee outperformance when you factor in market prices and coin maturing latency. As a matter of fact, when markets go downwards or sideways -ceteris paribus- you loose.

It's not a scientific approach, only an empirical one. I did experience the same back in 2014 when I was chasing profitability with my rigs.

I guess with some wrangling you could grab historical data from an API, look at a longer timeframe and apply weighting to favour stable or coins which are trending up for a set period. But it wouldn't be simple and would add a lot more moving parts for the dev.

I doubt anything can fully replace having the time to do background research then double-check the switcher results yourself and choose to override the results if the charts aren't looking good
Yes, I think the question here is not to find a solution to make market predictions Smiley I think of Nemos Miner more as a set-and-forget solution. IMHO the switching just minimizes my risk to mine hours on a coin which is just going down, especially without having to do anything Smiley It's for sure not the most profitable solution but this fast (even setting the interval to 1h) switching is minimizing the risk.
That's a lot of profit you're willing to mitigate.
24 hours of mining straight dgb returned over 700 coins (vs yesterday's 500 using nemosminer). Difficulty was pretty much the same.
To me that means the whole profit-switching concept still needs a bit more work.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
There is predictive work involved, sure. But face reality: if a multi-algo-switching miner cannot outperform mining a single coin in 66% of market conditions, it has no reason to be.
Where does this strange 66% come from? Is your take away, there are 3 possible outcomes (rise, fall and stay the same) and they are all equally probable? That's quite wrong and it also doesn't consider what are the possible losses and gains and how much they impact your profits.
I think you are obviously ignoring other effects impacting the profitability of mining. It's not only the price at the exchange. There are things like drops in difficulty which make mining at least short term more profitable.
Of course I'm simplifying the probabilities. But I was hoping you'd get the bulk of the message:

Difficulty arb doesn't guarantee outperformance when you factor in market prices and coin maturing latency. As a matter of fact, when markets go downwards or sideways -ceteris paribus- you loose.

It's not a scientific approach, only an empirical one. I did experience the same back in 2014 when I was chasing profitability with my rigs.

I guess with some wrangling you could grab historical data from an API, look at a longer timeframe and apply weighting to favour stable or coins which are trending up for a set period. But it wouldn't be simple and would add a lot more moving parts for the dev.

I doubt anything can fully replace having the time to do background research then double-check the switcher results yourself and choose to override the results if the charts aren't looking good
Yes, I think the question here is not to find a solution to make market predictions Smiley I think of Nemos Miner more as a set-and-forget solution. IMHO the switching just minimizes my risk to mine hours on a coin which is just going down, especially without having to do anything Smiley It's for sure not the most profitable solution but this fast (even setting the interval to 1h) switching is minimizing the risk.
Activity: 349
Merit: 102

Jump to: