Pages:
Author

Topic: NEO - Breaking News - HOT - page 2. (Read 291 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Thank you for +Merit
March 05, 2018, 05:00:43 PM
Again FUD? Someone wants to buy a cheap NEO?
It is very similar. I remember bad news about crypto which was much, but they weren't confirmed.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 04:54:47 PM
Seems like year of neo because they got more and more ICOs on their platform. Qlink ,Red Pulse, Trinity, Deepbrainchain, thekey, nex and else good projects.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 869
March 05, 2018, 04:51:01 PM
Again FUD? Someone wants to buy a cheap NEO?
Activity: 420
Merit: 115
March 05, 2018, 02:03:49 AM
Great new for evey one!
NEO is best platfrom but can not sent less than 1 NEO, so i think this is problem when price grown up!
Thanks

Perhaps you are right, but then stick with two ends.
Conference call Today Neo and see what they have to say, I think this issue is going to be there consecrated.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
March 05, 2018, 01:49:17 AM
Great new for evey one!
NEO is best platfrom but can not sent less than 1 NEO, so i think this is problem when price grown up!
Thanks
March 05, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
Hmm well we need more inputs by more developers with experience with NEO's blockchain build " Byzantine fault tolerant". With the information from more and more developers we can conclude that NEO's blockchain is a true on what they claim

For me a Byzantine fault tolerant blockchain is not good. it has a lot of problems.

I agree, you just need to be very attentive to developments and monitor network problems. To be honest, I thought they were fine, but this analytical post on Twitter makes me think.
Activity: 196
Merit: 103
March 05, 2018, 01:17:30 AM
Hmm well we need more inputs by more developers with experience with NEO's blockchain build " Byzantine fault tolerant". With the information from more and more developers we can conclude that NEO's blockchain is a true on what they claim

For me a Byzantine fault tolerant blockchain is not good. it has a lot of problems.

March 05, 2018, 01:06:09 AM
I am not the author of this news, but I think it should be given to our community.

Neo is the 6th largest cryptocurrency with $7.8 billion valuation, but it's no better than ripple. it uses a delegated byzantine fault tolerant consensus algorithm. neo holders elect a set of nodes to be in charge of the consensus process. currently that's just the 7 nodes run by the neo foundation.

being tolerant to byzantine failures means not only being able to handle node failures like network outages, but rather any type of malicious behavior. the most simple approach (used in neo) is to use a round-robin signature scheme where each validator signs a block and hands it to the next validator.

it doesn't take a computer science degree to realize that such appoach is susceptible to deadlock if one of the nodes goes down. a simple solution for this is to use a threshold scheme where all the nodes broadcast their signatures that needs to be tallied up to certain threshold instead of waiting for specific turn.

malcom lerider, a senior r&d manager for neo, called this failure an edge case, but let's call it what it is. neo can't handle a simple network failure is not even fault tolerant, it's a failed system.

thankfully, no one uses neo as there is only 23 smart contracts deployed on the network. hope it stays that way.

proof: https://twitter.com/ercwl/status/970294228122263552
Pages:
Jump to: