Pages:
Author

Topic: Netflix series OA - “What’s ether? Is that some kind of, like, digital currency? - page 2. (Read 222 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
it is great to see these types of programs come out recently that are covering cryptocurrencies. i just hope they don't turn into a hype and advertisement of different altcoins just because the creators have some stake in that altcoin and want to make profit.

in this case i really hope they cover things such as centralization of Ethereum, its premine, the lack of immutability and other issues on top of explaining what it is and what it does.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
I seriously doubt that you need to explain to anybody what ethereum are here on bitcointalk?

What's the point of posting such thread here with that kind of Subject title? You can put it on Off-topic if you want to talk about Netflix.
Activity: 532
Merit: 185
“What’s ether? Is that some kind of, like, digital currency? Is it like a bitcoin?

To start with this is the link of their ANN thread years ago. Dated back to January 23, 2014.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ethereum-welcome-to-the-beginning-428589

You can read their ANN thread to learn more about it or visit their website ethereum.org

It's a cryptocurrency just like Bitcoin. Its already used by many cryptocurrency users today to trade and even to buy stuff online.

I seriously doubt that you need to explain to anybody what ethereum are here on bitcointalk?

Netflix is a great platform to introduce cryptocurrency. Their subscribers apparently already know bitcoins, and now Netflix introduces the altcoin ether to their hundreds of millions of subscribers worldwide.
The way people in the series was earning ether was from a game, young people already know digital money in games, and later on, they will use cryptocurrency as a natural thing.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
“What’s ether? Is that some kind of, like, digital currency? Is it like a bitcoin?

To start with this is the link of their ANN thread years ago. Dated back to January 23, 2014.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ethereum-welcome-to-the-beginning-428589

You can read their ANN thread to learn more about it or visit their website ethereum.org

It's a cryptocurrency just like Bitcoin. Its already used by many cryptocurrency users today to trade and even to buy stuff online.

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

In episode one of the second season of the Netflix sci-fi series OA, we are introduced to the cryptocurrency Ethereum.
Around 5 minutes into the opening scene of episode one, we meet an older homeless immigrant woman, who needs help from a private inspector, she doesn’t look like she have any money, but when she was asked for money, she quickly navigates on her Smartphone and find her Mobil wallet, where she has $31.000 of Ethereum. We are then told that Ether is virtual money, a digital currency just like Bitcoins.

Without making any spoiler, we later learn that ether is used as prize money, smart people can win on a Smartphone game, the better they are,  the higher the payouts. 

Pages:
Jump to: