Pages:
Author

Topic: [Netherlands christmas, sinter klaas helper] Zwarte Piet visits london - page 3. (Read 3097 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
zwarte piet came at a point just after slavery was outlawed throughout colonies of the empire, the sinterklass character was more of a bogyman type, who would come and take children who were bad away to Spain( Netherlands enemy). the Zwarte piet character was a helper for this bogyman type, piet would climb down the chimneys of the bad kids and take them away. The whole story conditions children to associate's zwarte piet with evil and being bad. The clothes, black face, big red lips and gold earrings, these ware all typical depictions of the stereotypes of the time.
Yes things have changed over time and the story and been bent to hide certain aspects but this zwarte piet character was still conceived at a point where racism was rife in western cultures.......

You are not from the Netherlands right?

I just checked your post history and it's filled with this nonsense. So i'm not gonna waste any more time on you, because you are the classic example of internettroll.

I live in the Netherlands, yes. I don't think you will really see any nonsense pertaining to zwarte piet in my post history apart from 2 posts in this topic and a post i made on the main dutch forum.... just looking for peoples perspective on the whole thing..... why get your back up?

edit: i use a touchpad not a butt shaped mouse  Roll Eyes I do suffer from CTS but do not wear an arm brace, I appreciate your ad hominem input to this topic though.....
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
zwarte piet came at a point just after slavery was outlawed throughout colonies of the empire, the sinterklass character was more of a bogyman type, who would come and take children who were bad away to Spain( Netherlands enemy). the Zwarte piet character was a helper for this bogyman type, piet would climb down the chimneys of the bad kids and take them away. The whole story conditions children to associate's zwarte piet with evil and being bad. The clothes, black face, big red lips and gold earrings, these ware all typical depictions of the stereotypes of the time.
Yes things have changed over time and the story and been bent to hide certain aspects but this zwarte piet character was still conceived at a point where racism was rife in western cultures.......

You are not from the Netherlands right?

I just checked your post history and it's filled with this nonsense. So i'm not gonna waste any more time on you, because you are the classic example of internettroll.

legendary
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
my views on the helper of '''sinter klaas'' are pretty bad although i live in holland myself, and ive been having this tradition for over 20 years.

Its slavery how they are showing it in the video you are posting, but in the netherlands its just happiness.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: