Pages:
Author

Topic: Never confirmed transaction, how to get it back in the wallet ? - page 2. (Read 2757 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 11
N.E.E.T
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hm... I have the feeling that I can't use the terminal well enough, it doesn't recognize the commande bitcoin-qt.
I can go in the right folder Applications where there is the .app file and open it, or use the command open, but I don't manage to execute it in another way...
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
Thank you, I tried it but this is not the right command.

I manage to open Bitcoin Core typing

Code:
open -a Bitcoin-qt

But if y try to insert the option, I get the following error message :

Code:
$ open -a Bitcoin-qt -zapwallettxes
open: unrecognized option `-zapwallettxes'
Usage: open [-e] [-t] [-f] [-W] [-R] [-n] [-g] [-h] [-b ] [-a ] [filenames] [--args arguments]
Help: Open opens files from a shell.
      By default, opens each file using the default application for that file. 
      If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a URL.
Options:
      -a                Opens with the specified application.
      -b                Opens with the specified application bundle identifier.
      -e                Opens with TextEdit.
      -t                Opens with default text editor.
      -f                Reads input from standard input and opens with TextEdit.
      -R, --reveal      Selects in the Finder instead of opening.
      -W, --wait-apps   Blocks until the used applications are closed (even if they were already running).
          --args        All remaining arguments are passed in argv to the application's main() function instead of opened.
      -n, --new         Open a new instance of the application even if one is already running.
      -g, --background  Does not bring the application to the foreground.
      -h, --header      Searches header file locations for headers matching the given filenames, and opens them.

I have also tried
Code:
$ open -a Bitcoin-qt --args zapwallettxes
which opens Bitcoin Core but it doesn't seem to change anything.
You don't need the open command. Bitcoin-qt by itself is an executable and can be executed from the terminal.
Thank you, I tried it but this is not the right command.

I manage to open Bitcoin Core typing

Code:
open -a Bitcoin-qt

But if y try to insert the option, I get the following error message :

Code:
$ open -a Bitcoin-qt -zapwallettxes
open: unrecognized option `-zapwallettxes'
Usage: open [-e] [-t] [-f] [-W] [-R] [-n] [-g] [-h] [-b ] [-a ] [filenames] [--args arguments]
Help: Open opens files from a shell.
      By default, opens each file using the default application for that file. 
      If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a URL.
Options:
      -a                Opens with the specified application.
      -b                Opens with the specified application bundle identifier.
      -e                Opens with TextEdit.
      -t                Opens with default text editor.
      -f                Reads input from standard input and opens with TextEdit.
      -R, --reveal      Selects in the Finder instead of opening.
      -W, --wait-apps   Blocks until the used applications are closed (even if they were already running).
          --args        All remaining arguments are passed in argv to the application's main() function instead of opened.
      -n, --new         Open a new instance of the application even if one is already running.
      -g, --background  Does not bring the application to the foreground.
      -h, --header      Searches header file locations for headers matching the given filenames, and opens them.

I have also tried
Code:
$ open -a Bitcoin-qt --args zapwallettxes
which opens Bitcoin Core but it doesn't seem to change anything.
staff
Just writing some code
Thank you all for your quick answers.

This is indeed Qt version 5.2.1, Bitcoin Core version 0.10.2, running with Mac OS X version 10.6.8
Could you explain me how to use this zapwallet option ?
Open the terminal. Type
Code:
bitcoin-qt -zapwallettxes
Hit enter. Bitcoin Core will start and it will do everything it needs to do. Once its fully up, you should see that the unconfirmed transaction is gone. Shut it down and start Bitcoin Core normally.
Thank you all for your quick answers.

This is indeed Qt version 5.2.1, Bitcoin Core version 0.10.2, running with Mac OS X version 10.6.8
Could you explain me how to use this zapwallet option ?
legendary
Activity: 4130
Merit: 1307
what os are you on? your client might be way too outdated to work in the network.

The "Bitcoin-Qt 5.2.1" isn't a bitcoin version, it may be a Qt version though.  As stated above, it would be useful to know which version of Bitcoin you are using.  It would be 0.something.
staff
Just writing some code
Because the transaction is very old and remained unconfirmed, the network dropped the transaction. Block explorers don't show it anymore because they "forgot" it.

The solution is to start bitcoin core with the -zapwallettxes option. How to do this depends on your OS. As merelcoin said, it will clear the unconfirmed transactions from your wallet and allow you to resend the coins.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
what os are you on? your client might be way too outdated to work in the network.
Activity: 675
Merit: 504
Strange,

I cannot find this transaction in blockchain.info or blockr.io.
Nevertheless, your wallet probably keeps on broadcasting the transaction, you can fix this by starting your wallet with the zapwallet argument. It'll rescan the chain, and only pickup the confirmed tx's.
You could also attempt to create a double spend with a higher fee using the same inputs you used for the stuck transaction.
Hi,

I've done a transaction without any fee 22 days ago, and of course it never get confirmed. Now I wonder how I can get it back in my wallet.
All the information I have is the amount, date, the receiver address and the transaction ID : 51b59008bdd688eefcfe29ac82ca8494f5ec7709a9c106ab72f54cbf1470cf58-000
However, this is not recognized on blockchain.info.
I used Bitcoin-Qt 5.2.1 (next versions are no more compatible with my OS), and it is fully synchronized, but it is still showing "not confirmed".

Do you have any idea about what I should do ?

Thank you !
Pages:
Jump to: