Pages:
Author

Topic: Never judge a token by it's name, Dev aren't your friend - page 4. (Read 401 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
I also heard of Cake and bought in around the same time. I thought the name sounded unprofessional too just like other food themed AMM/Yield Farm on Ethereum.

When it comes to name, there are some tokens that you really have to ignore just by its name because it's obvious that they are riding on the popularity of other projects. Back in 2017, you could see tokens like ethereum green/gold/platinum. There are many more examples but you should get what I mean.

by the way, how are dev's devs not your friend?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
I saw Cake at 0.5 and thought that was overrated, after all, a financial project called "Pancake" with a token called "Cake" couldn't be serious. I followed it for 1 month and when I saw it, it shot to 8 dollars, so I waited for it to fall and bought the 6. It was one of the best moves I made, but still, I ended up missing the timing, because it reached 40 dollars and I ended up selling it at 15, in that insane fall
Name has no effect at all, because lot of projects apart from hardfork has prefix as bitcoin but they can't able even to list on any exchanges and simply the copy of Bitcoin blockchain.
Activity: 72
Merit: 1
I saw Cake at 0.5 and thought that was overrated, after all, a financial project called "Pancake" with a token called "Cake" couldn't be serious. I followed it for 1 month and when I saw it, it shot to 8 dollars, so I waited for it to fall and bought the 6. It was one of the best moves I made, but still, I ended up missing the timing, because it reached 40 dollars and I ended up selling it at 15, in that insane fall
Pages:
Jump to: