Pages:
Author

Topic: Never sell for a loss - is a Myth !! - page 9. (Read 1090 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
December 04, 2021, 08:35:56 AM
I guess it depends on who is saying it.

It works for people who see the long term potential of a project and they could DCA every time it dips. They also understand the market's big picture and not bothered by small movements.

There are also people who would say that but are actually pretending to be diamond hands. They were caught buying at the top (or near it) and refused to sell until the price keeps crashing down on them.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
December 04, 2021, 08:23:16 AM
I have heard many people say that never sell for a loss but what does it actually mean ?

Assuming you have bought a coin at $10 and the price goes down to $9 but you don't sell.
You could have placed a stop loss at $9 but you take "Never sell at a loss" so seriously that you decide to not put a stop loss.
The price goes down to $8 but you are too good at HODL. Suddenly the market crashes and the price goes down to $5.
You could have limited your losses at $9 but now your portfolio is down by 50%.
Now the price has to go 100% so that you breakeven with no loss no profit whereas you could have bought back at $5 and gained potential profits using a stop loss.

This is why I think "Never sell for a loss" is a myth and we should always use a stop loss and play safe with a good risk to reward strategy.
Pages:
Jump to: