Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW and FRUSTRATED!!...help so appreciated! - page 2. (Read 1113 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
November 11, 2013, 03:28:40 PM
Coinbase is the easiest method for US-based persons.

As you've found, MtGox is slow and Localbitcoins is unreliable.  Coinbase requires a few days to verify your bank account (in some cases though, it is instant), but then you can buy and sell with a click of a button.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
November 11, 2013, 03:25:25 PM
I realize I need to learn more about the process of purchasing bitcoin for the first time, obviously!  Hoping to get some straightforward advice on how to go about it....

I joined MtGox...went through long drawn out process of being verified.  Decided I didn't want to then do International Bank Transfer (ANOTHER 10 days til it is verified).  Noticed some negative feedback in regards to MtGox

Then thought I would just buy online...bit concerned about it, as I have read some scamming going on, or issues with coins being reversed etc.  My igonorance...not comfortable enough due to what I don't know(technical stuff)!

Thought I could then just create another wallet (localbitcoins), try and find someone locally (in Winnipeg), and do a cash sale face to face.  I contacted a local seller from the listing(early morning), sent a message/request asking if they were available later that evening (gave a 3 hr window).  Explained(put fourth an offer) I wanted to buy a bitcoin for 390, would meet him wherever he wanted, explained I had never done this before and he might have to help with the purchase process.  Almost 24 hrs later, no response. So I cancelled the request.

I emailed localbitcoins to see if I went about it incorrectly, and reason why I got no response from seller.  Never heard back from localbitcoin.

I posted a topic/question/advice needed, days back in this forum.  Also, messaged someone that I had hoped would sell to me or give some friendly advice.  No responses

What am I doing incorrect??  I simply want to buy a full bitcoin at a fair, agreed upon price, from someone that has been around for awhile and is trusted. 

Hoping someone from the Bitcoin community will take the time and explain where I am going wrong!  Is it REALLY this complicated, or am I just a moron?!!!! Omg maybe I am a moron lol

Can someone out there sell me a bitcoin...face to face for cash?  Or someone selling online that is active on the forum as a seller, and is trusted and wont take advantage of a noob?

HELP PLEASE!!!  Purchase price was under 200, when I started this process!  Would really appreciate feedback.
Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: