Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW BFL RACK MOUNT MINER (230GH/S) - LOL - page 2. (Read 8831 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Well, how about something very close at a much lower cost. Or should I raise the price?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-200-ghs-butterfly-labs-chili-custom-chassis-psu-hub-cooler-rpi-525902
Activity: 98
BFL just released the 230GH/s BTC Rackmount Miner.... FOR $4255
Am I crazy or have I seen this product on their website before?

Anyways... If you do the math, it takes over 322 Days JUST TO BREAK EVEN!

Do they think we can't do math? This is hilarious.
I really feel sorry for anyone who purchases this.

Actually it will never break even because it cost more to run than what it mines.....

So unless network stop growing.... then sure your 322days is correct.

I agree you probably can get a steal for BFL rigs on eBay for a lot less what they are selling them for. In numbers there is power.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Actually it will never break even because it cost more to run than what it mines.....

So unless network stop growing.... then sure your 322days is correct.

Activity: 854
Read the reviews on TD.

Very amusing!
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Fighting Liquid with Liquid
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8882266&CatId=9835

You can still buy one of their 10GH pieces of shit for 350 on td

Amazing, I didn't know they sold them
Activity: 742
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8882266&CatId=9835

You can still buy one of their 10GH pieces of shit for 350 on td
Activity: 728
Whatever man the drivers for my jally were a bitch to install. The S1 is way easier.
I believe its like 1,500$ on ebay or something lol. It cheaper to buy from ebay than BFL lol. Although if you get free power or really cheap power like the people in Washington state. I believe its .02 cents KwH. Its worth the buy of 230 rack.

I wouldn't go that far.  For the price of one of these from BFL direct, it's the cost of 1.4 TH/s or 7 Antminer S1's or 1.2 TH/s of 1 Antminer S2 and 1 Antminer S1!!!   Shocked Shocked

Or buying 7.157 BTC directly....just mind boggling.

The BFL is great for noobs not to hurt themselves or scream all over the forum for help. Antminer S1 is definitely good stuff. I wish it was USB connection instead of IP address.

Why do you say that?  You can access the Antminer through a browser or Putty without the need for a host computer.  Why would you want a USB connection?  That's one of the great things about the Antminer, is it's truly standalone.  No need for host computer, no Raspberry Pi's...just plug, configure, and mine.

The problem with super noobs. They have no clue what to do. Just want the plug and play experience. Antminer is definitely good stuff. But a noob will see it as a lot of work.

With BFL Windows auto recognizes it. If you decide to use BFL software. The setup for BFL is for monkeys. You won't spend more than 3 minutes.

Antminer is awesome product. If your dealing with a super noob. Its going to be a lot of questions or bitching. 1 of the 2.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
March 20, 2014, 07:24:53 PM
I believe its like 1,500$ on ebay or something lol. It cheaper to buy from ebay than BFL lol. Although if you get free power or really cheap power like the people in Washington state. I believe its .02 cents KwH. Its worth the buy of 230 rack.

I wouldn't go that far.  For the price of one of these from BFL direct, it's the cost of 1.4 TH/s or 7 Antminer S1's or 1.2 TH/s of 1 Antminer S2 and 1 Antminer S1!!!   Shocked Shocked

The BFL is great for noobs not to hurt themselves or scream all over the forum for help. Antminer S1 is definitely good stuff. I wish it was USB connection instead of IP address.

Why do you say that?  You can access the Antminer through a browser or Putty without the need for a host computer.  Why would you want a USB connection?  That's one of the great things about the Antminer, is it's truly standalone.  No need for host computer, no Raspberry Pi's...just plug, configure, and mine.
March 20, 2014, 07:19:25 PM

better everyday ♥
March 20, 2014, 04:48:48 PM

March 20, 2014, 04:37:14 PM
better everyday ♥
March 20, 2014, 04:12:38 PM
That really is some negligent shit by Butterfly Labs.  All the coin in the world, and they're still trying lure Noob bait with this miner.

I mean for as much flack they get from the community, much is well well deserved.  This is a perfect example of it.
Activity: 434
March 20, 2014, 03:46:22 PM
relisting that at that price is nothing short of fraud - what if some poor buggers actually go and order that!?
there has to be something in their local trade descriptions act which says you just can't do this sort of thing?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
March 20, 2014, 03:43:16 PM
You're correct on your assumption that it was "there before".  They just recently put it back on, which is retarded since you can order 1TH machines now for less than that.
Activity: 434
March 20, 2014, 03:31:43 PM
bloody hell, i thought you were kidding!

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/250-gh-s-rack-mount-bitcoin-miner.html

wake me up when this nightmare ends please.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
March 20, 2014, 03:30:01 PM

Pages:
Jump to: