Pages:
Author

Topic: New Bitcoin eBook store looking for a few testers - page 2. (Read 1625 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
The Kindle format (I forget what it is exactly) would be dandy.  I think it's .mobi.  Also, .pdf would be good too.

These can easily be done, would you prefer to get a zip of all three or choose a format each time and get one file?

Would it be possible to list a novel without a price tag on it?  I'm releasing a novel soon that's going to include a BTC address so people would only pay for it if they liked it.
This is doable, I would have to extend the software a little to accommodate, but a "name your price" module is something I can do.

Finally, would it be possible to list the prices in Bitcoin instead of USD?  mBTC would be fine.
I have a currency conversion plugin that can update prices to most currencies on the fly, but only to BTC. Until I can find something that will get the current exchange rate for a number of major currencies AND consider mBTC a single unit of currency my hands are tied.

Minor point to think about. Given an infinitely divisible unit of currency, eCommerce accepting BTC is going to have to rewrite currency conversion software every time the value increases tenfold.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
The Kindle format (I forget what it is exactly) would be dandy.  I think it's .mobi.  Also, .pdf would be good too.

Would it be possible to list a novel without a price tag on it?  I'm releasing a novel soon that's going to include a BTC address so people would only pay for it if they liked it.

Finally, would it be possible to list the prices in Bitcoin instead of USD?  mBTC would be fine.
Thank you! Good to hear the positive feedback, makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time ;o)
Activity: 465
Merit: 100
Looking good! keep up the good work
I would be curious to check this out..thanks for the tip.

Jump in and look around, and feel free to become a "vendor", there's no obligation or price and I'd learn a lot from you taking a stab at going through the process.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I would be curious to check this out..thanks for the tip.
Some questions I'm looking to have answered:

• What formats do people want? Is ePub good enough or should I offer multiple formats?
  • If multiple, would you want them zipped, or separated?
  • Would you use an on-the-fly currency converter to see prices in all currencies including BTC?
  • Would you shop in mBTC mode? (1mBTC is easier on the eye than 0.001BTC)
  • What other file types would you like to see for sale? Product keys? MP3s?
  • Is it clear how to checkout?
Hi all, I posted in a massive welcome thread, but I think I should have just started my own, so forgive me if I'm breaking etiquette.

I'm mostly done building a new eBook store ( http://bitbooks.co ) that will allow self publishing authors to post their eBooks for sale and accept Bitcoins. This will be a Bitcoin-only marketplace. I still have some finishing touches, but I'm at this point in need of some testers. I would love to have some folks come in, kick the tires, try the upload deal, place a file for sale in the store etc.

The site is at http://bitbooks.co and all feedback is greatly appreciated. I can't offer much, but I will shoot a copy of one of my author's books to you if you like, at least get something new to read Smiley

I started with Bitpay but I cannot get the gateway to play nice so I've opted for a plugin that will watch the blockchain and deliver an ordered book to you as soon as it sees the transaction, for now I'm limiting to one or two confirmations. It's a small spend and i hope to soak the few transactions that don't take. It's pretty fast turnaround and quite cool to get the note in your inbox that the file is ready.

Anyway, I've lurked here a bunch but finally registered to make this announcement, I'm pretty excited, worked hard on it, so I'm hoping to get some eyeballs on the thing and hear some comments from any members, whether you like books, eBooks or not. Cheers in advance, and I'll collect questions and respond here. Pull no punches!
Pages:
Jump to: