Pages:
Author

Topic: New coin tomorrow - page 2. (Read 1380 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
March 14, 2014, 08:17:35 AM
Scrypt asic will make scrypt coins unusable? Sort of like how bitcoin asics made bitcoin unusable?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 14, 2014, 07:13:59 AM
Many pardons for being so vague. I do not want to give to many details so a megaminer is not waiting to take early coins from everyone. I have modest mining power on one computer and this is my only opportunity to mine enough coins for bounties to further coin support and am not willing to premine. KGW does not start working until block 15,000 for this reason which allows a decent amount of coins to go out. It is the people who manage to mine early who are willing to put in the most work. This has been a benefit of all the large coins we are familiar with today. I do not want to release the name to stop someone doing a very quick copy and paste coin.

Please note that the coin halving is set to ~4 years so there is no rapid drop in coin production that can be seen in some of the recent coins, even coins that had great potential used this unfair tactic.

I hope people will keep an eye out as to get many individuals involved with this new crypto.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
POP Across the Universe
March 14, 2014, 06:28:36 AM
Good Call, whats the coin name or time of release, haha
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 14, 2014, 06:10:49 AM
No surprise, there are new coins every day now.

This is to give some notice that I will launch a coin tomorrow that has been thoroughly developed avoiding the mistakes of other coins. That's a good start but what sets us apart is that we use a different hashing algorithm that only one other coin has used so far. There is certainly no point in launching a new Scrypt coin no matter how well coded. Scrypt ASICs are coming and they will squeeze many Scrypt alts leaving them unusable. We look to move into new territory. Anyway, more will come tomorrow morning.

If nothing else this new coin will give a clear commit history on GitHub for those who want to start a coin and make sure that all steps are covered Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: