Pages:
Author

Topic: New Escrow Service - mybitsafe.com - page 2. (Read 3239 times)

Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Fight fire with photos.
July 10, 2011, 08:54:12 PM
Do you have a reputation anywhere we can go by?
kgo
Activity: 548
Merit: 500
July 10, 2011, 04:11:20 PM
Hello all,

My new escrow service just went live:

http://mybitsafe.com/

It basically follows the clearcoin model.  You setup a release address and deposit coins to an escrow address.  When you get your goods or services, you release the coins to the seller.  If the seller rips you off, you don't release the coins and they go to the bitcoin faucet after 30 days.  This way the seller must deliver to get the coins, and the buyer has no incentive to withhold payment since they can't get their coins back.

I charge a small tiered fee of 0.025 BTC per hundred BTC held in escrow.  This means that all deals up to and including 100 BTC are charged 0.025 BTC.  Deals between 100-200 BTC are charged 0.05 BTC.  These charges are to cover server overhead and my time doing support/maintenance, and maybe buy a few beers.

So am I reputable enough to trust with your bitcoins?  I'd like to think so.  I've completed many deals, buying and selling, both here and on #bitcoin-otc.  The domain is registered with my real name and address.  Several people here have shipped me goods and can confirm my real-world identity and location.

-Grant Olson
mybitsafe.com
Pages:
Jump to: