Pages:
Author

Topic: New FATF guidelines require professional crypto consultation - page 2. (Read 239 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
As far as I know it was just a recommendation, so it's not binding per se. However, member countries can implement this guidelines across as this is a international cooperation between countries, so their is implications to us, crypto enthusiast because it will really go against the basic tenets of crypto - decentralization and (psuedo) anonymity. In practice though, it could be good as crypto is really changing very fast and government around the world need to put  regulatory framework so that we won't see abuse here.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
I didn't realize the FATF rule is set into place requiring all exchanges to follow foot. Cybersecurity companies like Ciphertrace are stepping up to help advise on the proper steps to take and even going so far as to implement other AML steps.

Pretty sure this is the first regulation to be taken seriously. Granted it has to do with all countries not just the united states

The FATF is a front for the US, and how seriously the travel rule will be taken remains to be seen. Globally, compliance with FATF rules is not total or widespread.

No major government has actually passed any laws complying with the travel rule yet, and only one country has done anything so far -- Lithuania. The US and squeaky clean services like Gemini and Bitpay will comply, but it'll be interesting to see what the rest of the world does.
Activity: 236
Merit: 4
that's a tough one to get around. Makes sense why Ciphertrace would step in. This is a wild west with regs
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
I didn't realize the FATF rule is set into place requiring all exchanges to follow foot. Cybersecurity companies like Ciphertrace are stepping up to help advise on the proper steps to take and even going so far as to implement other AML steps.

Pretty sure this is the first regulation to be taken seriously. Granted it has to do with all countries not just the united states

https://www.cryptopolitan.com/fatf-guidelines-promote-crypto-consultation/?utm_content=100296874&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-3972254294
Pages:
Jump to: