Pages:
Author

Topic: New Hardware Wallet - page 2. (Read 486 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 08:35:53 AM
It's good to see that there's always a new product that tries to compete with the existing one (ledger and trezor). And the HW have interesting features like its fingerprint for security purpose which is a better one. But the only thing is, it has a battery so it will be shut down once lowbat dunno if it's removable or not but its not a big deal tho. And the thing is its not open source.

And one thing is that the site looks not made properly there are some pages that are lacking of contents, like when you want to go to some other pages then you will redirect to order page and with this features lol
https://i.imgur.com/2YH9O0x.png

In their specifications, the battery is at 600mA, considering how often you would need to keep the device powered on for trading (maybe 10 trades a day?) it probably would last pretty long until depletion. I also noticed there is usb port on the bottom side of the device, so it would support dual interface (USB or Bluetooth) and used for charging.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
August 28, 2018, 06:15:54 AM
It's good to see that there's always a new product that tries to compete with the existing one (ledger and trezor). And the HW have interesting features like its fingerprint for security purpose which is a better one. But the only thing is, it has a battery so it will be shut down once lowbat dunno if it's removable or not but its not a big deal tho. And the thing is its not open source.

And one thing is that the site looks not made properly there are some pages that are lacking of contents, like when you want to go to some other pages then you will redirect to order page and with this features lol

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
August 28, 2018, 05:55:55 AM
I think it should be pointed out that this is a relatively new product and that comes from South Korea - it only work with their mobile apps and price is "only" 160$. Much better choice is Ledger Nano S or Trezor, they are trusted and supported many coins - and price of one Ledger is much more favorable then Dcent.

Also if they send only from South Korea additional extra charges may apply, shipping+tax = it may cost you over 200$.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
August 28, 2018, 05:54:52 AM
I think hardware wallet unnecessary  Grin
If you know how to properly and securely make yourself a paper wallet while taking lots of extra safety precautions to ensure security, then sure. But note that not everyone is tech-savvy enough to do so.
August 28, 2018, 05:35:53 AM
maybe care before buy this, ledger and trezor are old, and you can use it, it's serious, i don't see any advantage of this new hardware wallet, it's risky. It's my opinion, you can still try to get one but care Smiley
I don't know about their hardware but looks like they also have their own software wallet application that support multiple cryptocurrencies from a single wallet application, which i think is very convenient. I mean having to manage multiple wallets applications for bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, ... etc. to me were very inconvenient and taking up memory space on my mobile phone which i don't have much of.  Wink
Activity: 42
August 28, 2018, 05:23:17 AM
I think hardware wallet unnecessary  Grin
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 05:22:50 AM
im a bit conservative, im not thinking to change my ladger to new hardware, but if many users give this hardware good review i will think to buy it
Good reviews are really important! So if it receives good feedback I would be interested to!
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
August 28, 2018, 04:46:50 AM
im a bit conservative, im not thinking to change my ladger to new hardware, but if many users give this hardware good review i will think to buy it
August 28, 2018, 04:39:12 AM
I've used trezor and ledger before and they were difficult to use at beginning. I got used to using them so it's not so much of a problem anymore but one thing that bothers me is that they are bound to PC environment, otherwise, have to use 3rd party applications to sync on mobile.
What do you think?
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
August 28, 2018, 04:21:42 AM
After looking around on their website(idcent.io), it looks like it isn't open-source. This will probably have trouble going to have users to trust them because of that. I'm sticking with my Ledger Nano S.

Looks decent design-wise though. Looks like the 1st-gen iPod Nano lol.

Activity: 87
August 28, 2018, 04:19:48 AM
maybe care before buy this, ledger and trezor are old, and you can use it, it's serious, i don't see any advantage of this new hardware wallet, it's risky. It's my opinion, you can still try to get one but care Smiley
August 28, 2018, 04:04:40 AM
Hi guys,

I found a new hardware wallet device called D'CENT and looks pretty damn impressive.
Did some searching and found a link to their youtube uploads.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKnYqiM3g3iaaAKcRZf-kbA

Anyone know where I can buy one?  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: