Pages:
Author

Topic: New here. How do I know wallets are safe to download? - page 2. (Read 1349 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Google it, and then search it on the forum. I recommend Core more, though, since you can't go wrong with it.

So is downloading wallets for altcoins generally a bad idea?  Huh

No. Every other crypto has their own wallet. You can't use a Bitcoin wallet for a Litecoin wallet, or a Dogecoin wallet, or whatever the newest buzz coin is.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

No, why ?

Kindly don't mess between altcoins and bitcoin.

altcoins, are the alternative coins, which is any other coin alternative to btc, like litecoin and dogecoin for example.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Why you not use blockchain.info? He is so comfortable and safe Smiley

Other this, for create a wallet, it is require only one minute of your time Cheesy

The OP is new here and we are trying to give him more than an alternative.

Blockchain is good also, no doubts.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196
Reputation first.
Why you not use blockchain.info? He is so comfortable and safe Smiley

Other this, for create a wallet, it is require only one minute of your time Cheesy
Better to go for a paper wallet, if you want to be safe, and keep it offline

Goto bitaddress.org and save the page as a html file on your hard drive, then disconnect from the internet and create a few paper wallets.

Deposit your coins into them. It's a start. There are other threads dealing with security, just browse the forrum.  Wink

+1

This is a good solution too, the main purpose of paper wallets to be secret.

So now, you have online and offline option.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
You can use any PC on your wallet since it is free of virus.
Once installed it will take to synchronize.
You can use the blockchain.info as online wallet, its practicality, but make sure that your connection and password is secure.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
Better to go for a paper wallet, if you want to be safe, and keep it offline

Goto bitaddress.org and save the page as a html file on your hard drive, then disconnect from the internet and create a few paper wallets.

Deposit your coins into them. It's a start. There are other threads dealing with security, just browse the forrum.  Wink
The best wallet to download is the bitcoins official wallet which is bitcoin core.

You can trust it while you are blind, you can download it from the link that's below "Total time logged" counter.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I'm pretty new to all of this and was just wondering... like how do I know downloading any given wallet isn't going to give someone access to my files or install malware or something on my computer?
Pages:
Jump to: